Hello from the frozen gates of hell (Norway(

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Night

Car
W124 E300, 1986
Hey, and hello from Norway. Ive been driving my W124 for the past 4 years now. Came across this forum as I wanted to expand my knowledgeably of the car and help others where I can.

Hi and welcome

Welcome!

May I ask your experience of driving a W124 in what must be far worst conditions than we have in the UK? When the weather was bad just lately my CLK stayed at home and I drove SuzyCutes Ka! :eek:

Put it this way I have studded tires on now. i also have chains in the back. alongside 60kg off lead and cement. Other that that it preforms superb. Its is a lovely car to drive long distance.

Only bad thing is that in Norway they use allot of salt during the winter so i have som rust issues. *mostly around the wheel arches and doors.
(apart from a recently developed issue i posted in the engine sub forums .

But during the summer the car is one of the better any car I have driven. I have driven a 2005 Audi A6. In terms of road stability they are more or less the same.

Last edited:
Welcome. :)

Put it this way I have studded tires on now. i also have chains in the back. alongside 60kg off lead and cement. Other that that it preforms superb. Its is a lovely car to drive long distance.

Only bad thing is that in Norway they use allot of salt during the winter so i have som rust issues. *mostly around the wheel arches and doors.
(apart from a recently developed issue i posted in the engine sub forums .

But during the summer the car is one of the better any car I have driven. I have driven a 2005 Audi A6. In terms of road stability they are more or less the same.

Rust on a Mercedes? Never! ;):rolleyes::rolleyes::bannana:

Hello and welcome from me too :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom