Hello, goodbye...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steviemac69

Car
SL63 AMG
Hello All,

Well, it is nearly 4 years since I joined the AMG fold. The car (SL63) has been fantastic and I honestly expected I would stay with the brand for some time. Unfortunately I did not find the dealer experience any where near good enough, and they made little if any effort to keep me in the brand (guess that is the gap between manufacturer and franchise).

I have been a serial 'lurker' on the forum, thank you for the insight and your stories. I am afraid I have no exciting tales of BHP boosting modifications, the old girl is pretty much the same as the day I picked here up.

I was going to post a pic of her as she still looks so good even 4 years on (I know most people post pics of their cars when they 1st get them but hey, why not buck the trend). Unfortunately my JPEGs are far to big to meet the size limit and I am too lazy/stupid to work out how to downsize these. :fail

Wishing you all well with your adventures, I would like to be lucky enough join the fold again in the future.

Cheers

Steve

all the best. tough car to replace. what you gettin nexr?

Thanks Tony, it sure will be. I think there will be a few regrets when it's gone.

I decided to go for something more practical, so it is SUV time for me. I have gone for the Porsche Macan GTS. A hell of a drive for such a big lump.

What's happening to the SL63?

You don't have to resize them if you use this: https://imgbb.com

Just drag 'n' drop your images, then paste in the list of links it gives you. Choose the BBCode thumbnail linked option.

An SL63 to a Maccan. Geesh you really have given up on life there haven't you.:thumb:

Good to hear you've enjoyed your ownership Steve and also great to hear the forum has been a help.

All the best with your Macan, I hope it's as good for you as your SL was.

beautiful machines and a fair bit of go in them, definitely miss the soundtrack for sure. But a very nice place to be in, porsche have nailed it recently interior wise particularly the likes of the panamera.

What's happening to the SL63?

Hi Sjmw,

I have a few options, it is leased, so it can go back to MB but it looks as though I will sell it via a dealer bid website.

I do not really have the patience to go through a private sale.

beautiful machines and a fair bit of go in them, definitely miss the soundtrack for sure. But a very nice place to be in, porsche have nailed it recently interior wise particularly the likes of the panamera.

Thanks Tony (and everyone else for the warm wishes).

You are spot on, the thing I will really miss is that V8 burble, it never failed to put a smile on my face, especially on start up.

The Macan is a good compromise (I hope). The latest MB cockpit tech (E Class) has it licked. I think the SL has as good a setup if not better than the Macan, which for a 4 year gap is a poor show by Porsche. I think they will all go the Panamera way in the next few years, which as you say is very nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom