Hello! Hoping to be an MB owner again very soon

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Wokeuphere

Car
VW Up!
Hi everyone,

Been a long time adorer of MBs since I was a kid when my dad used to have a wonderful metallic blue E class (Too young to realise the model number) that he kitted out with all sorts of mad speakers sub woofers CD changers in the 90s

In 2016 I fulfilled a life long ambition to own a merc when I bought a 3 (63 plate) year old C-Class C220 AMG Sport (It wasn’t a real AMG alas, just the one with the cool body trim)

Absolutely loved every minute of it but in the end we needed to trade in for something much smaller and economical.

Now I have this silly idea of buying a much older merc that I will only be driving on the weekend but I thought I would have a read of this forum for some tips and advice before I do! I’m even considering something really daft ala Top Gear / Car Throttle challenges....but we’ll see!

So hopefully at some point this year I’ll be posting a piccie of my new old Mercedes!

What's your budget? You may be surprised what you can get.

It’s not much at the moment. In a few months aim to have about 5k. In a few years I’d be able to get a new lease but I want to try and have some fun in the meantime!!!

Now I have this silly idea of buying a much older merc that I will only be driving on the weekend
That's pretty much what I've done recently, just bough a 2000 reg CLK, the main intention for cruising down to the coast when the sun (hopefully) comes out!

Welcome to the forum

Welcome to the forum.

£5k will give you a choice of some very nice Mercedes, that’s quite a healthy budget - you may be surprised when you start looking.

In fact half of that could get you in to something nice, you could pick up a CLK/SLK convertible - but look out for a well maintained one.

Good luck with the search.

I'd be looking at something like a clk soft top or facelift C class coupe 350 2005 or a bit later. If you're patient you should be able to get a good one. Any Merc of this vintage, rust can be an issue, particularly wheel arches, but Merc started to get their act together around this time. Be prepared to regularly clean and ideally waxoil or underseal the inner wheel arches, otherwise they hold luck and rust.

Or is this too 'new'?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom