Hello I have a w211 starting issue

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
So the front Sam was corroded on the soldier of the pins that connect the lower board to the fuse bored I have resoldered the pins and now have good continuity I will test the can voltages tomorrow also does anyone have test voltages for the EIS I have noticed that both the green and green white and brown and brown and red both go to the EIS does anyone know what I should be getting at the other wires please

Have u checked the can voltages ?? High and low can should add up to approx 5v if not u have an issue what units are reporting the issues.
If they all talk to the front Sam then that is your issue corrosion can play havoc with can systems so u need to get the Sam sorted first then re access
I have just dug out my old snapon modus ultra it has a built in 2 channel scope where would I be best to test the CAN and what should I be expecting also should I test the K line

I have just dug out my old snapon modus ultra it has a built in 2 channel scope where would I be best to test the CAN and what should I be expecting also should I test the K line
Can is.normally on one wire should be approx 2.6volts and the other 2.4volts approx maybe 2..7 and 2.3 volts. On xentry go into the eis unit and check the actual values for the key positions terminal 50 should be active when you crank the car ?

Can is.normally on one wire should be approx 2.6volts and the other 2.4volts approx maybe 2..7 and 2.3 volts. On xentry go into the eis unit and check the actual values for the key positions terminal 50 should be active when you crank the car ?
I have 2.6 on both the green and green and white I have 4.0 on the brown and I have ground on the brown and red

Sorry 2.3 and 2.6 I do have a ground on pin 8 blue plug EIS diagram says should be can H

I'm having a last attempt today to fix it or a least work out what it needs

Thanks for all the help I decided not to spend any more time trying to fix it I've arranged for dronsfields to send a truck for it in the morning thanks again

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom