Hello, I'm Tim from Aylesbury

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hillper

Car
CLS 320, Chrysler 300crd
Hi, I've been lurking for a while and thought I'd better sign up proper and introduce myself:
I'm what you might call a 'mature' Mercedes owner.
My current MB is a 2007 CLS 320d.
It's my fourth Merc, having had the pleasure of driving three E280s previously.
They were company cars. The CLS is mine.
I was unsure about a diesel, having had the three E280s and being impressed by their smoothness and amazing V6 howl, but my doubts were soon put to rest after experiencing the monumental torque of the 320!
I love the car. It's refined, comfortable and I think, a beautiful looking car.

My background is in engineering. I currently work as a 'systems manager' in the control tower at Heathrow Airport. I make sure that the radar, communications and ancilliary equipment is functioning correctly.

I've been a member of other forums with other cars and this one seems to be 'up there' with the best of them.

I look forward to sharing what experience I have with you all.

(By the way, my gearbox is clunky!)

What a great intro, welcome! And nice car, we are all nosey and love to see pics if you fancy posting some! :D

My "Thing of beauty"

Thanks for the welcome Gina.
Here's the second love of my life!

Attachments

• merc1.jpg
    merc1.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 66
  • merc2.jpg
    merc2.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 66
  • merc3.jpg
    merc3.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 65
Welcome to the forum, the CLS is a fantastic looking car. :cool:

The 320 cdi is a great engine, I drove a 2009 E320 cdi last year and I was really impressed with the power and smoothness of the engine.

Welcome Tim. I've spent more time than I'd usually care to admit to drinking in Aylesbury. Thankfully I'm yet to appear in Night Cops or Road Wars.

Very nice car by the way.

Hi and welcome to the forum

Thanks Jazz,
I'm very happy with the engine. Very smooth and torquey.
I had a 'loaner' C180 for a bit and was quite impressed with that too!

Thanks Wemorgan and d w124.
It's good to know that Aylesbury is not just famous for it's ducks!

Welcome to the forum :thumb:

Wise choice, the CLS. My favourite looking Mercedes and if I didn't have three children, I would have one on my drive...:rolleyes:

Hi Sweetpea,
Thanks for that.
We have 5 kids, but they're all growd up and gone! That's why I can afford such indulgences!

they are fantastic cars, but my advice? get these rims ;) on sports 2 setting it used to sit nice and low on them! a way wish we still had ours but to be honest a new version with a nice V8 could be on the cards :bannana:

Silver is a great colour for them

Last edited:
Hi Gunning,
That's nice, but I'm not sure about the new model. Maybe a bit 'macho' for me. I love the refined, smooth lines of the 'old' model.
I'd love a go in an AMG though of any era! When I had my last service, I asked for one as a loaner, but they declined for some reason?

Hi Camerafodder,
Thanks for the welcome.
I thought about blanking the plates, but I'm the very wrong side of 40, which means that, despite being an electronics engineer, my command of Photoshop and the like, is minimal!
It's funny, but when you get to a certain age, you just can't be bothered with i-pods, x-stations and all those other wonderful labour saving, technological software applications that seem so necessary these days!
For anybody looking at this, please ignore my reg plate!
(Thanks for the advice though camerafodder!)

I never bother blanking my number plate out either... if people see it on the road, they can see it on the net for all i care. Never bothered me.

But your car is still a fantastic drive, 320 CDI is ample! although i feel the one in the CLS has more grunt than the S... i think thats due to the S just wafting along like its on air

Welcome, as a fellow newbie my experience of this forum is nothing but excellent and welcoming. My daily runner is a E270 and I've promised myself the CLS 320 as its replacement. It truly is a jaw dropping good looking car in its first incarnation, jury is still out on the new look though

I much prefer the old one. Stunner of a motor, when it came out the old man and myself were like this is Mercedes come back car. On the road these things got more looks than anything else.

Love them

Hello
Welcome to the forum :thumb:

Thanks for the welcome Russf123 and s500Colin!
I'm glad you approve of 'Eddy'. My wife named it that, despite the fact that the car is a refined lady.
She's named all our cars.
It must be a 'woman' thing!

Hi Hillper and welcome to the forum. Nice looking CLs you have there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom