Hello Merc' Men ...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

diggerfil

Car
W140 CL500 Coupe '97
New to this Forum and in many ways 'almost' back to Mercedes after many years away (had 4 merc's in the past, the best being the W124 E300D)

Well, what can i say?....i'm a 47 yr old certified Petrolhead:rock:...i go through cars at a rapid rate, Had many nice motors over the years, to many to list here and i dare say some of the 'other' teutonic brands may offend! (M3/M5 ahem!!!)

Love V8's, had numerous Yank motors/Pick-ups, notably a cool '69 Camaro :cool:

Currently waking up the neighbours with a modified Holden Monaro... Here is a pic' to brighten up the post..

2012-04-15171442.jpg
[/IMG] ...5.7 Chevy under the hood.

Things have changed a little of late (finacially ££££:( ) and some of the toys have to go!

Tuned into the fact that i can get an awful lot of V8 Mercedes for very little money, namely the previous model CL500, having done lots of research, i have come to the conclusion that yes they are beautiful but they are cheap as chips for a reason!!!

Then i got looking at the rather dull looking W140 CL500 Coupe, then quickly realised this is the kind of Mercedes that i so loved back in the day :thumb:.... phenomenal build with the great M119 engine..plus with a nice set of wheels and maybe a little lowering of the suspension it transforms the car (imo) into a svelte looking piece of quality machinery.....and for no money at all!!

So, looking to purchase a 1997-on W140 CL500 or 420, preferably in Black but will consider others, history vital, mileage not so....almost excited about the prospect of owning this behemoth

Cheers Guys,

Phil.

Hi Phil and welcome to the forum

Hello Phil
Welcome to the Forum :thumb:

Thanks for all the replies guys.....ready now to purchase a W140 Coupe but they do seem rather thin on the ground!....been looking now for 3 weeks..

.. i want the '97-on model as they ironed out most of the original niggles (in particular the bio-degradable wiring loom!) and there was the addition of a few little extra's (front/rear park sensors being a good feature)

Will keep on searching for either the CL500 or the 420 if it ticks all the right boxes.

Some nice pictures in this US site...

F/S Feeler 1999 Mercedes CL500 W140 - StanceWorks

Welcome to the forum :)

I would be quite happy with this Look..

brabus_s5001278775161.jpg

A very similar looking car to that was used in a Jackie Chan movie to great effect! Can't remember the name of the film though.....

Oh, and welcome to the forum, I've only been here a couple of days and it's a lovely place! :)

ETA - this is the chase I'm talking about, obviously not a Brabus, but nevertheless a cracking sequence.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9br6lNE7qs&feature=player_embedded#!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom