Hello new CLS Grand edition owner here, lots of questions!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CLSMark

Banned
Car
Volkswagen Touareg
First it's my first merc, I've had all the German marques, so far not disappointed, anyway, questions

Can the auto locking be deactivated, if so, how?

Can the optional 2 cup holders extra be retrofitted ?

Is there any guides for changing the interior bulbs?

Can some kind person link me the proper space saver? For some reason I don't have one.

Can the newer cls 2011 onwards steering wheel be retrofitted? Mine feels a tad 1996

Thanks in advance

Mark

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
an the auto locking be deactivated, if so, how?

Yes its in the convenience menu in the instrument cluster menus.

Isnt it a different style of centre console if you dont have them? Wouldnt be easy. You can get this type though

Genuine Mercedes-Benz E-Class CLS Centre Console Drinks Cup Holder B66920118 NEW | eBay

Pretty self explanatory but "killerhertz" on here sells LED bulbs I believe, he may be able to help.

Can some kind person link me the proper space saver? For some reason I don't have one.

I bet you do, lift the first boot carpet then the second bit of carpet also lifts up, its under there.
If not
cls space saver | eBay

Sorry not sure about compatibility of later steering wheels.

an the auto locking be deactivated, if so, how?

Yes its in the convenience menu in the instrument cluster menus.

Isnt it a different style of centre console if you dont have them? Wouldnt be easy. You can get this type though

Genuine Mercedes-Benz E-Class CLS Centre Console Drinks Cup Holder B66920118 NEW | eBay

Pretty self explanatory but "killerhertz" on here sells LED bulbs I believe, he may be able to help.

I bet you do, lift the first boot carpet then the second bit of carpet also lifts up, its under there.
If not
cls space saver | eBay

Sorry not sure about compatibility of later steering wheels.

Thanks for that

Already got that cup holder, it does its job, but a bit of a faf.

Woo hoo, just found the space saver, I wouldn't have had a clue the second carpet lifts up!!

Last edited:
Congrats on your purchase, you're in good company here. Welcome to the forum!

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Congrats on your purchase, you're in good company here. Welcome to the forum!

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Thanks mate, good to be here

The footwell lights just clip out with the help of a small screwdriver , just pop in the new LED`s and away you go.

I dont think the W218 wheel fits , plus (if it did) you will need the airbag also and there is the issue of the button configuration and paddle shift connections.

You have two options regarding the wheel :

1 - Hold out for a facelifted CLS63 to be broken and buy the wheel and airbag if required , but it will possibly be a long wait as there are not many about let alone being broken plus the airbag may have been deployed rendering it useless meaning another search for a good one.

2 - Get the original wheel retrimmed , that way there are no fitting / airbag issues.

DSCF7019_zps29c989ef.jpg

DSCF7020_zpsf24b5ef3.jpg

DSCF7021_zpsf0d5602e.jpg

Royal Steering wheels did mine two years ago.

If your car doesnt have the paddle shift option then it can be retrofitted , at a price.

Kenny

Last edited:
The footwell lights just clip out with the help of a small screwdriver , just pop in the new LED`s and away you go.

I dont think the W218 wheel fits , plus (if it did) you will need the airbag also and there is the issue of the button configuration and paddle shift connections.

You have two options regarding the wheel :

1 - Hold out for a facelifted CLS63 to be broken and buy the wheel and airbag if required , but it will possibly be a long wait as there are not many about let alone being broken plus the airbag may have been deployed rendering it useless meaning another search for a good one.

2 - Get the original wheel retrimmed , that way there are no fitting / airbag issues.

DSCF7019_zps29c989ef.jpg

DSCF7020_zpsf24b5ef3.jpg

DSCF7021_zpsf0d5602e.jpg

Royal Steering wheels did mine two years ago.

If your car doesnt have the paddle shift option then it can be retrofitted , at a price.

Kenny

Is that your actual steering wheel?

Looks the business

Was it pricey?

Is that your actual steering wheel?

Yes it is , it was done two years ago and still looks great. I was remodeled on my stock wheel and given the thumb grips and a flattish bottom.

IIRC it was around the £140 mark but best call Jack at Royal to give anotice updated price.

Kenny

Yes it is , it was done two years ago and still looks great. I was remodeled on my stock wheel and given the thumb grips and a flattish bottom.

IIRC it was around the £140 mark but best call Jack at Royal to give anotice updated price.

Kenny

Nice little facelift, will give that some serious consideration

Did you send yours away, or do the straight swap?

Kenny

Getting mine done on Saturday, Jack is a helpful bloke.

I too highly recommend Jack. He retrimmed my previous Range Rover Sport steering wheel 4 years ago and did a great job.:thumb:

Last edited:
d8c78665dd253504d677b81a6c5267a5.jpg

Newly re-trimmed, I can't recommend this high enough. The steering wheel is the focal point of the car, and the standard cls wheel is so very dated in my opinion..

Hello Mark from a fellow grand edition owner! I have the maple wood dash on mine but I do quite like the look of your carbon fibre dash. Was it like that when you got the car?.

Cheers Tony.

Hello Mark from a fellow grand edition owner! I have the maple wood dash on mine but I do quite like the look of your carbon fibre dash. Was it like that when you got the car?.

Cheers Tony.

No, I wrapped it with my own fair hand. Wood wasn't to my taste.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom