Hello - New Member. C Class 2018

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fredfox

Car
C 2018
Hi

I've just replaced my C180 2010 with a lovely "new" C 200 2018. Although it's s C 200 model it's actually only 1.5, but supposedly 184bhp.

It's an ex-demo, reg'd August 2018 with less than 2k :) so plenty of warranty left and seems to have a lot of kit, sat nav, big screen, fancy driving presets - which seem to be customise-able, anyone done that? Folding mirrors, decent sound system (no CD but USB).

Also Mercedes Me - anyone use it? Tried to set my mine up but apparently it's already registered! I guess by the dealer so I'll have to get that sorted.

It's got the odd-electric motor / battery system for the sake of economy, and start / stop, both of which will take some getting used to.

Is they anything I need to look out for, gremlins, bits that fall off? I did a bit of reading before I bought, (although it was a bit spur-of-the-moment) and didn't see to much to be worried about, but this does seem to be a new model.

The headlights are standard (not Xenon) with LED DRL, in my W204 I had some Osram Night breakers (I think) which were much brighter than this car - any suggestions on replacements? I do a fair bit of driving down back roads at night where I work and used to use my front fogs for a little bit of extra light as the side of the road - no front fogs on this, is that standard now or is this just because it's a lower spec?

Cheers
Fred

Welcome to the forum Fred.
Congrats on the new car. Sounds like a bargain.
Put some photos up if you get the chance.

Just click on the "Upload a file" and choose from your collection.

Just register online then book it with your dealer and turn up with the v5 and they will sort the mercedes me. Mine was all working by the time I got back to work.
Don’t forget you can get a free year of tidal streaming with this.
Using mercedes me you can also send destinations to the car from the app.
The driving presets on my slc are
Eco - like driving miss daisy
Comfort - the default and best allround. Feels like a sporty coupé.
Sport - turns into a proper sports car - fast and earlier changes, stiffer steering and suspension
Sport+ - havent really explored this
Individual - I have mine set to comfort suspension, fast changes and eco stop/start off.
Enjoy the new car! :thumb::thumb:

Edit night breaker unlimited are a good upgrade, and no front fogs are stadard with halogen headlights aiui.

Thanks for the welcome & replies :)

I'll try and upload a few pictures in a few days.
I've ordered some Night breakers so I'll swap them out before I go back to work.

I tried all the modes, and for such a small engine it seems to have quite a bit of poke, not sure I'll be using the sport+ all that often though!
The start / stop actual seems usable with much less "lag" that I've noticed on other cars, but I'll have to see what it's like on the journey home in the 30 minutes of stop start traffic.
I'll play with the individual settings, but not sure it's got suspension setting.

Contacted the dealer about the Mercedes Me, suspicion is that the dealer set it up as part of the demo process, they'll sort it when the "expert" comes back in some time next week.

I believe your car has the 1.5L M264 engine.

And yes MB have been producing more and more power from progressively smaller 4-cyl petrol engines over the years (M271/M274/M264).

The entry-level C-Class in 2000 had a 2.0L Kompressor engine, then 1.8L Kompressor, then 1.8L Turbo, then 1.6L Turbo, now 1.5L Turbo.... and yet the power (and torque) figures keep going up. Not a bad thing.

When out for a 40 minute round-trip :) discovered that I've got tyre pressure sensors! And they show the individual tyre temperature, this, combined with the whole battery boost had my son commentating as if this was an F1 drive - telling me to ensure that I made the most of the battery boost, kept tyres on temp :)

I think my W204 was 0-60 in 7.2 (lol) and this is 7.7, but it certainly feels quicker. It really caught me out coming down a slip road onto a dual carriage-way, in sport and foot down, I was exceeding the speed limit before I realised it. I was grinning though :)

Was out on (dry) ‘A’ roads with the roof down today in sport mode.
Really does have a surprising turn of speed, and gallons of useable torque.
Thoroughly enjoyed it.
Oh, and you have access to the tyre pressures via the Mercedes Me app too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom