Hello, new member with a C180 w202

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mercy_c180

Car
Mercedes-Benz C180 Esprit
Hello members of MBClub UK.

My name is Den, I live in Telford, Shropshire and I have recently bought a 1997 C180 Esprit, and I like it alot, no wait....I love it :eek:. It was a very stressful buy due to the plonker of a dealer, mention no names, weston motor company :doh:. Anyway, the car is brill, however, I noticed, after I washed it (although it was meant to be valeted before it was delivered, now I know why it wasnt) there was imperfections on the wings and bonnet, I say imperfections, what I really mean is, where someone had tried to blend paint in, and let me tell you, what a shocking job they have done, anyway I took the car to the self-service pressure washer, all going well up until I noticed the paint on the wing peeling whilst I washed it, and it now looks a damn right mess, any ideas what I can do or whether I can take it back to dealer for them to sort?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated :)

Last edited:
Hi Den, and welcome to the forum:thumb: If I were you I would take it back to the dealer and get him to put it right! The paint should not lift when using a pressure washer unless you use it an inch away from the car. Sounds like a bad paint repair to me.

Last edited:
Take it back asap before the dealer claims the damage is caused by stone chips!

Hello Den
Welcome to the Forum :thumb:

Hello carat 3.6 amg and thankyou. Yeah I think I should do that, as it is definitely a bad paint repair, as where the paint has lifted I can see signs of filler. Before the pressure washer incident, I could see signs of poor paint blending. I will upload pictures tomorrow. Im really not happy, it looks a mess.

Last edited:
Take it back asap before the dealer claims the damage is caused by stone chips!

He wouldnt get away with that I doubt as a fair amount of paint has peeled, at least 10 inches worth of it. There was nothing I could do about it as one second it was there, the next it wasnt. :mad:

Welcome to the forum Den :thumb: The dealer should sort this out this sort

of thing should not happen :wallbash:

Welcome to the forum Den :thumb: The dealer should sort this out this sort

of thing should not happen :wallbash:

Thankyou :). Im going to take the car to the dealer today and see what he says, if its anything like the customer service I have had so far, it will be a waste of time, but hey, it needs to be done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom