Hello to all

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bilbo7

Car
2015 SL63 AMG R231
SL 63 Roof Down.jpgWell as you can see I own a SL63 AMG that I bought last July with 20,500 on the clock

Its fondly known as the lemon as despite buying from a Northern UK Dealership it live all but say 7 weeks in 9 months in and out sorting out faults n the car but all paid for by Mercedes

Please do not get this wrong I like the car and the car fills near all the must have bits I wanted if not it would have simply been handed back. I will not tell all that so long a tale here

You can read all in this OTT long thread at Diary of a SL63 AMG Lemon - MBWorld.org Forums

BUT I will not repeat all here, its pointless, but if you look at the above link it has images of the car and the wet clutch assembly

The cars just lacked any TLC and these days I feel ANY car brand does not do so in maintenance.

It would have all been posted here but my email site rejects all the clubs emails and parts of mt server have been temporarily disabled to actually finalize the registration tonight but ONLY tonight.

If an AO? etc contacts me by my own email I will explain the problem my IT son that designs data centres says it is a simple fix or rather I will ask him to do so.

So at 72 I finally decided to have something far more sedate than my 230bhp Caterham 7 and passed it on to my son after our full from the frame up nut and bolt rebuild and so did a busted ankle my waist line etc ;)

Roof up 1.jpg

So this is post 2 only 28 more to join the AMG lounge

Last edited:
lovely car but that Austin/Morris 250 JU van looks interesting and very rare

View attachment 126827Well as you can see I own a SL63 AMG that I bought last July with 20,500 on the clock

Its fondly known as the lemon as despite buying from a Northern UK Dealership it live all but say 7 weeks in 9 months in and out sorting out faults n the car but all paid for by Mercedes

Please do not get this wrong I like the car and the car fills near all the must have bits I wanted if not it would have simply been handed back. I will not tell all that so long a tale here

You can read all in this OTT long thread at Diary of a SL63 AMG Lemon - MBWorld.org Forums

BUT I will not repeat all here, its pointless, but if you look at the above link it has images of the car and the wet clutch assembly

The cars just lacked any TLC and these days I feel ANY car brand does not do so in maintenance.

It would have all been posted here but my email site rejects all the clubs emails and parts of mt server have been temporarily disabled to actually finalize the registration tonight but ONLY tonight.

If an AO? etc contacts me by my own email I will explain the problem my IT son that designs data centres says it is a simple fix or rather I will ask him to do so.

So at 72 I finally decided to have something far more sedate than my 230bhp Caterham 7 and passed it on to my son after our full from the frame up nut and bolt rebuild and so did a busted ankle my waist line etc ;)

View attachment 126826

So this is post 2 only 28 more to join the AMG lounge
Very Nice showed my wife she said very nice and NO lol

Tekman my wife loves it but never liked my daily 2 seater car for decades hence my car and her tin tops

Attachments

• longcross 23 april 2006 .jpg..jpg
    longcross 23 april 2006 .jpg..jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 2
Roviw1

Yes I had a bigger garage built last year that was ........err delayed GROAN

So the SL63 when not with Mercedes was at a car storage facility lots and lots of interesting cars. Sorry cannot tell where part of the deal

Roviw1

Yes I had a bigger garage built last year that was ........err delayed GROAN

So the SL63 when not with Mercedes was at a car storage facility lots and lots of interesting cars. Sorry cannot tell where part of the deal
I help a friend with his classic cars and we have several indoor Carcoons in a storage barn, I know most storage area addresses are not "advertised" for security reasons , he also has, among other newer cars, a nice 2015 sl500 and also an 2016 S63 coupe , his cars generally swap places at various times of the year so are also sometimes in the storage barn a very rare van though, thanks for the reply.

Nice car! Not that i have the money for a car like that, but i could have found myself a slightly newer car - research led me to get the older SL as the newer ones are more prone to issues ( Not that all manufacturers are exempt from that comment! ) ...... and i can afford to keep mine up together with the yearly servicing and having new paint in December...

Still, that is an absolutely stunning car..... Although there is not one single SL model i would hate to own...

I get the comment about the Caterham - My previous summer 'toy' was a Mazda Roadster, and that was a Bentley compared to the Caterham:)

A very nice 63, welcome

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom