Hello!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Btbuk

Car
Mercedes-Benz ML320
Hi everybody. I am new to this forum and I would like to greet everyone.
My current car is W163 ML 320 2002. I have bought it a couple moths ago and like it a lot, suits my family lifestyle needs. The car has 28k miles and I am second owner. I had W124 230TE previously followed by BWM E38 728.
The ML has low milage but was driven only around London so havy traffic involved, regarding that should I change the oil in transmission (28k miles + 9years old)? What you suggest?
So again hello everyone and see/talk to you soon!

Welcome to the forum!!! :)

Do you have any pics of your ML?

I think the Transmission fluid should be changed circa 40K. However the vehicle is 9 years old.

Does it change gears smoothly? You maybe able to wait another 10K if the gearbox sounds fine.

It should cost around £160 all in from an independent maybe cheaper.

dokalj

Thx for reply.. Yes it change quiet smooth.. I have done 1000 miles and notice very little jerk downshifting from 2 to 1 (I suppose) but only two times maybe not even jerk but notch if that is the word..

It maybe worth do it for £160 to have peace of mind..
I was reading about guy call Olly here on forum, is he still in the business? I may give him a call. Portsmouth isn't that far from London.

Thanks..

Last edited:
Hello
Welcome to the Forum :thumb:

Welcome to the forum.:thumb:

So yes i did it! Olly have changed my transmission oil. At least i have a peace of mind now. Smooth job while I was waiting. Spark plugs new ones as well.

Hi,and Welcome:thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom