Hello

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Simba69

Car
Range rover
Hi my name is Sim just want to say hi have never had a merc but want to go for a c32 estate had jap stuff in the past as well as Audi lotus and porkers would value any advice on buying what to look for and any model specific problems am driving a supercharged range rover at the mo

Thanks in advance and look forward to a bit of banter on this forum

:p

Welcome Sim!

Cannot answer specifically on the C32 but here are a number of members that have owned / currently own them and I am sure they will be along to give you specific advice.

Like most MB's of that age corrosion can be a major problem but I beleive the engines and gearboes are strong and durable if looked after.

If you let people know where you are based then you may get some recommendations for good MB independants as well!

Good luck! :)

Welcome Simba! I've had my C32 Wagon for nearly 3 years now......my summary would be:-

Eats rear tyres
Clicking behind the dash = flap stepper motor arms broken
Rust on pre 53/04 cars
Heated seat pads fail
Supercharger pumps fail.....to test do a few full throttle accelerations and you'll feel the charger clutch disengage and will be like slamming the brakes on!
Suspension bushes so listen for the usual knocks
Check the radiator as early Valeo rads corrode contaminating the gearbox fluid with glycol = really harsh gear changes...

You will probably find even the best maintained cars will have one or more of the above so have a fund set aside!

I've jut changed the front disk and pads at an indie @ £280......Gearbox service @ £150 (inc me supplying parts) and an A service @ £140 (inc me supplying the oil) so they aren't hugely expensive to service......18mpg average does hurt though! Then again mines been tinkered with and is 400+hp

Welcome Simba! I've had my C32 Wagon for nearly 3 years now......my summary would be:-

Eats rear tyres
Clicking behind the dash = flap stepper motor arms broken
Rust on pre 53/04 cars
Heated seat pads fail
Supercharger pumps fail.....to test do a few full throttle accelerations and you'll feel the charger clutch disengage and will be like slamming the brakes on!
Suspension bushes so listen for the usual knocks
Check the radiator as early Valeo rads corrode contaminating the gearbox fluid with glycol = really harsh gear changes...

You will probably find even the best maintained cars will have one or more of the above so have a fund set aside!

I've jut changed the front disk and pads at an indie @ £280......Gearbox service @ £150 (inc me supplying parts) and an A service @ £140 (inc me supplying the oil) so they aren't hugely expensive to service......18mpg average does hurt though! Then again mines been tinkered with and is 400+hp

Thank you for the advice I will be looking at going down the tinkered route and would like 400/400 as this has always been I ideal tool with my old modified subraus yes will have to have a pot to work from not had a car that has not much to the annoyance of wife and she does not know half of what I spend :thumb:

Must admit 400/400 is a target I've looked at but 406hp/365tq is the best I've got, then the cost gets silly! The torque on these is flat though, so you will have your peak torque throughout the range, unlike turbo'd scoobs!

Must admit 400/400 is a target I've looked at but 406hp/365tq is the best I've got, then the cost gets silly! The torque on these is flat though, so you will have your peak torque throughout the range, unlike turbo'd scoobs!

Now that I like ... It will have to be able to cope with Spa but not the ring as to dangerous now days

Hi and welcome to the community. I recently joined and had lots of useful tips already.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom