Helmets @ Gatwick & Bologna

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spinal

MB Enthusiast
Car
x254, G350, Duster, S320, Mach1, 900ss and a few more
Does anyone have experience with motorcycle helmets @ Gatwick & Bologna airports?

Looking online, it would appear that some airports allow them as hand-luggage, while others don't...

M.

They run a shuttle (coach service) between Heathrow and Gatwick - much less hassle seeing as you're in Uxbridge, or get a tube to Victoria and get the Gatwick Express.

I'm going for 2.5 days... it's my cousins graduation... so I can fit everything I need (except the suit, which I'll wear) inside the helmet or the helmet bag...

I've taken the shuttle (if you mean the national express coaches) - not a huge fan... much more fun to spend 40 minutes on the duke ;) and much cheaper as it gets pretty good mpg and free parking...

M.

Now the real issue... do I rent a mini, a Fiat 500 or a Alfa Mito... all three cars I want to play with... hmmmm....

Forget the Mini, worse car I have ever owned was a '52 plate 1.6ltr Cooper (the boss insisted we brought it, honest!).

Awful ride, appalling fuel economy, horrendous 'man' kerbside appeal!

I have never had problems flying with a crash helmet as hand luggage but I always use a helmet bag.

Get a really cheap or old helmet and lock it to the bike keep it water tight with a plastic bag. Then use luggage for your kit.

If you had a bike with a top box, stashing a helmet isn't a problem at all.

Last edited:
Spike, by helmet back do you mean just one of those soft ones? I have one of those dinky fleece lined things with two handles which came free with my lid... was planning to use that...

EDIT: Was thinking of using an old helmet... have one I crashed in (I know... I know... haven't had time to put a saw through it) and just chaining it to the bike... if BA say no tomorrow, I'll need to see if I have a chain that's long enough

Now the real issue... do I rent a mini, a Fiat 500 or a Alfa Mito... all three cars I want to play with... hmmmm....

Fiat 500 all day.

I second the forget the Mini comment, one of the most uncomfortable modern cars I've ever been in.

Alfa Mito if no Fiats available.

Experience says you will end up with a Panda or 206 whatever you book.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom