HELP 2004 E220 CDI W211 722.6 5-Speed Gearbox surging jerking shift issues

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

carl2220

Car
E220 CDI 2004 W211
I have a shift/gearbox problems which are really bad but ONLY when the car/gearbox is cold.

When the car is warm, there are zero issues:confused:

The problem is when I set off and the car accelerates and all seems okay but the first time I stop and set off again, the car starts to accelerate then it will jolt (Badly) into 2nd gear and as I continue to drive the car surges (in all gears) like I'm on and off the accelerator? You can also visibly see the rev counter needle bouncing up and down?

There are no fault codes as it has been into TWO indy's :dk: One of them suggested it was the TC so I bought a new one, had it fitted and the problem is the same :dk:

It does not need a service as it's been done 3 times
It is NOT a valeo issue either as my car is a facelift.:confused:

As these gearbox's have these sort of common faults I am hoping there is someone out there with a good idea what it actually is as I can't find anywhere someone that has actually solved the problem and I'm :wallbash:

Please can anyone give an informed idea as to what it could be.

Many thanks

Hi other than fluid flush the 2 main issues on this box seem to be the electrical connector bushing and the conductor plate. I would expect a good indy would have checked the connector: but you may have to look at both?

Thanks joesoap, I'm sure the electrical connector was replaced when the TC was done because I read that the oil seal fails so it must be the conductor plate; I've seen them for sale on ebay, would you trust them?

Any problems with the gearbox i would always recommend an oil/ filter flush/ change and reset parameters of gearbox with diagnostics. I had juddering from my Vito auto (722.6 box) and the cure was simply a parameter reset!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a shift/gearbox problems which are really bad but ONLY when the car/gearbox is cold.

When the car is warm, there are zero issues:confused:

The problem is when I set off and the car accelerates and all seems okay but the first time I stop and set off again, the car starts to accelerate then it will jolt (Badly) into 2nd gear and as I continue to drive the car surges (in all gears) like I'm on and off the accelerator? You can also visibly see the rev counter needle bouncing up and down?

There are no fault codes as it has been into TWO indy's :dk: One of them suggested it was the TC so I bought a new one, had it fitted and the problem is the same :dk:

It does not need a service as it's been done 3 times
It is NOT a valeo issue either as my car is a facelift.:confused:

As these gearbox's have these sort of common faults I am hoping there is someone out there with a good idea what it actually is as I can't find anywhere someone that has actually solved the problem and I'm :wallbash:

Please can anyone give an informed idea as to what it could be.

Many thanks

You have to control body valve that are responsible for gear shifting.thats all .it s not a big problem bro

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom