Help! 2016 GLC43 Service Quote

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

glc43noob

Car
GLC43 AMG
Hi all,

I am new to this forum, just signed up as I have no idea if I getting ripped off my MB.

So today 05/05, I called up MB to book for a service and MOT for my 2016 GLC43 AMG which has done 23K miles. I was due Service B as the car display tells me.

I was told Brake Fluid and Transmission fluid change would be additionally needed and it was a major service. They quoted me a total of £1250!!!

I looked up service maintenance manual for the car and it says transmission fluid change every 60K miles or 6 years. Brake fluid is every 2 years so it makes sense but I do not understand the quote amount to be so humongous.

Please help me to understand if this is a ripping off in the financially distressed time.

Thanks all,
P

I had a B service last October in Glasgow. Mercede’s were paying but, including the extra stuff, like brake fluid would have cost about £630. Add on MOT and about £680. If you added an MB ATF service at about £400, so not far off £1100.

I’m due an ATF at 5 year old so this October with an A service.

Have you not looked into an MB service plan?
With big cost items like ATF and fuel filters - it works out to be pretty good value.

£1250 does sound at the spicy end of the scale. Here are three things which I would do in your position:

1. Get quotes from at least two more main dealers, ideally with one close by and one further afield, either call or use this link

2. Check what’s due using ESS - the system Mercedes themselves use - so you can decide whether they even checked, use this link:

3. Get a quote for a Mercedes Service Care, even if you don’t want to pay monthly it can be cheaper than paying in full, use this link:

Once you have found the best value dealer using the online quote in #1, and you know exactly what’s due in #2 then call and ask for their best price if you supply the oil yourself. Tel them that you checked ESS.

£1250 does sound at the spicy end of the scale. Here are three things which I would do in your position:

1. Get quotes from at least two more main dealers, ideally with one close by and one further afield, either call or use this link

2. Check what’s due using ESS - the system Mercedes themselves use - so you can decide whether they even checked, use this link:

3. Get a quote for a Mercedes Service Care, even if you don’t want to pay monthly it can be cheaper than paying in full, use this link:

Once you have found the best value dealer using the online quote in #1, and you know exactly what’s due in #2 then call and ask for their best price if you supply the oil yourself. Tel them that you checked ESS.

Thanks for getting back to me.

I looked up and this is what the service site showed me. From my understanding, did they say ATF is due as a result of the 3 year timeframe? If yes, then why didn't they do it last service when it was 3 years old, doesn't make sense to me.

Also I cannot contact dealers directly as only four of them are opened during this lock-down. I cannot quote it online as the car is apparently an AMG version. I visited my local dealer just now and they said to do it over the phone and gave me a number.

If I have to give away this much then I might as well take the service plan because I intend to keep some liquidity with me in the current situation.

Attachments

• Capture1.PNG
    Capture1.PNG
    42.1 KB · Views: 24
Do you have the 9G gearbox
If so, it should get changed at something like 85,000 miles or approx 6 or 7 years, no way is it due this early.

Do you have the 9G gearbox
If so, it should get changed at something like 85,000 miles or approx 6 or 7 years, no way is it due this early.

I do indeed have the 9G gearbox. Is there like a maintenance manual where it states the changing intervals?

Thanks!

I do indeed have the 9G gearbox. Is there like a maintenance manual where it states the changing intervals?

Thanks!
The Electronic Service Sheet (ESS) is the maintenance schedule - looking at your screenshot the transmission service is due at 3 years or 31,000 miles.

Last edited:
Merecedes service schedules are a nightmare. Even service advisors have trouble and can't agree what you need. I had to create my own from my handbook and online resources. Then when I backtracked I found previous owners had overserviced the beast.
I give my indie my checklist and he does his deep down and dirty inspection. For me, maintenance isn't about resale value. It's to keep the car running sweet and avoiding catastrophic failures.

Was the reg on a different car previously which might be confusing MB records?

Maybe they have decreased service intervals on the gearbox when fitted to AMG cars?
Quiet possibly. It Is a high performance machine afterall.

Maybe MB have messed around with the ATF interval on GLC? On a non-car forum I use someone, a couple of years ago, was complaining that she'd been quoted £900+ for the second service on her GLC220d so I looked it up using MyService and my local dealer (Inchcape Chester). I just looked back at the post and it was £911! I re-ran it just now (but not with same reg number) and it was £443.

It seems short to me too, but based on the screenshot that’s what ESS says
It actually says that an ATF and filter change is required for vehicles fitted with the 725.096 transmission. Is that definitely what's fitted to the OP's GLC43?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom