Help :- 3M hand glaze?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Syndy

Hi,

I wonder if anyone here uses the 3M hand glaze to polish the car. I am trying to source a supplier in the UK and getting nowhere fast! Its freely available in the USA, i even mailed 3M to find a stockist, but as yet i have not heard a thing.

If anyone knows where to buy some, please let me know.

Most grateful,

Syndy

There is a similar product called Farrecla Black Top hand glaze. Should be easily available from bodyshops and motor factors.

I am sure there is something about this in the ebook in the Sticky. "Power Polish / waxer / buffer section". Have you checked this out?

Jawell Paints can supply - www.jawell.co.uk - they do mail order but probably have a stockist in your area.

I have just purchased a one litre bottle (£12.87). The local "chips away" operator recommended a 3M product called finessit to remove all of the light scuffs on the surface of my car, but the Jawel guy suggested hand glaze as a better product for finishing by hand.

What is this "hand glaze" product. Is it a wax or some kind of protector, will it make my very shiney smoke silver C class even more shiny.

Andy W said:
What is this "hand glaze" product. Is it a wax or some kind of protector, will it make my very shiney smoke silver C class even more shiny.

The stuff I have 'Black Top Hand Glaze' is specially for dark colours, it is slightly oily/greasy and 'feeds' the paint and fills fine scratches and swirls and gives the paint a deep, glossy, wet look. You really need to apply a wax or sealant over the top to protect it.

This is top secret, it's the stuff that car sales places use to give cars that showroom look but it wears off after a few months worth of washing. ;)

I have put my bottle in the back of the car so anybody is welcome to try it on Sunday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom