Help - 64GB iPod touch not working on 09 W207 COMAND

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

texasjohn

Car
335i Vermillion Red
I hope you can help me. I recently purchased a W207 from a dealer. The car has FMSH and last serviced in December 2015 (thus I presume all firmware is up to date, but unable to find a SW version in any of the COMAND menus). It came with no UMI cables.

I have now purchased the cables. I have USB working fine.

When I try iPod cable the apple device charges but I get a message saying device not compatible. My iPod is a 64gb and I think it is a 2010 or 2011-year device, it has the older wide iPod connector.

The COMAND system has seven digit postcodes. The car is a December 2009 vehicle.

I am a bit confused as to why this isn't working. I have done searches on the forum and find lots of posts around newer iPhones with Lightning cables and activating BT Audio but nothing specific to my issue; I just want the digital connection to listen to music via the cable, browse playlists etc.

According to this page on the MB website the iPod Touch 64GB should work (the last code is I think the PN for the cable that I am using)

iPod touch 4. Generation 64GB 64GB SW 4.2.1 A0018278404

http://www.mercedes-benz-mobile.com/gb/en/c207:2009-04:2010-08/compare/~ipod

Last edited:
Bu99er. I think I know what the problem might be...

See the auction (link below) where I purchased the cable set on Sunday, and then look at the second picture (which I have attached to this post).

The USB and Aux PNs start A001 (which are for the older Media Interface)
The iPod cable starts with an A002 (which is for the newer Media Interface I believe)

The cables were sold to me as set A001 827 82 04. The PNs within this set should all start A001, shouldn't they?

So, I've inadvertently purchased the wrong iPod cable/been sent the wrong iPod cable (depending on your opinion as to how closely I should have looked at the individual pictures!)

GENUINE MERCEDES BENZ MI AUX MEDIA INTERFACE iPHONE iPOD CABLE | eBay

Attachments

• ipod.JPG
    ipod.JPG
    163.1 KB · Views: 13
As you haven't posted the actual part number of the suspect cable, it is hard to tell what it is.

If it says "MI" on it, it is MI-1, if it says "MI2" it is MI v2

It could equally well be faulty (2nd hand eBay..)

Cheers

Richard

Yes the suspect iPod cable is MI2. PN A002 827 21 04 and marked MI2-IPOD

The cables that work are 'MI-XXX'. PNs A001 827 66 04 (AUX) and -67 04 (USB). The iPod one that is MI would be -68 04.

I've been in touch with the seller and he's come back to me, he believes he may have mixed them up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom