Help a idiot ! Adding to the fuse box .....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

poormansporsche

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
W209
alright good peoples,

Im retrofitting heated seats. I have bought the correct loom from MB - everything is fine but i need to join the loom to the fuse box. There are 2 wires - one needs to be connected to fuse 21 which is fine as there is already a fuse there and not a problem. But the other wire needs to be connected to position 25 and there is no fuse there. So its not bother plugging in the wire but how do i actually get power to that position - do i need to spur off another part of the fuse box or should there already be power to that postion, i believe this wire should be a permanant live ?? I would rather know before i start faffing about taking the fuse box out

cheers

Brett

Brett

Can you not get a Meter Probe into the fuse slot to check for power/or not? If no power and all you need is a 12v permanent live then you could just look for the 12v live feed into the fusebox, or cheat and run a feed straight from the battery with an inline fuse.

No experience but at a guess...

Isn't one side of all fuse locations live? Connecting to the free side and adding a fuse provides power?

Or is that too simplistic?

Thanks

Bruce, "Probes" are very alien to me ! Will have to get the local washing machine guru on it !

Just need the bloody rain to stop for a while

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom