HELP ABC Drive Carefully in red displayed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

greekCL

Car
Mercedes E55 W211 (2004), BMW 640d GC (2016), BMW 645Ci (2004), Mini Cooper D (2008))
Hello guys,

I have a "problem" with my suspension at my W215 CL500.

I did have for the past 2 months displayed ABC Suspension please visit workshop displayed with white lettering, but everything seemed to be working fine. I have taken it to MB in Greece as I was there on holidays. He plugged into the STAR machine, did all the diagnosis but seemed to have no problem he could not see any code or anything like that. If the message came on the dashboard, I would switch off the engine count to 5 and then start again and the message would not reappear until I stop driving.

Since then the message came more and more frequently on. The guys in the garage did not detect and leaks on the system, the pressure levels were fine and the car was raisings normally. He did say maybe because of the heat (it was hot in Greece) or maybe if I had left the car not moving for a period of time a valve might be a bit sticky. So I gonne with that explanation.

Now the problem is that today while I was driving the indication came in RED saying ABC Suspension, Please drive carefully. And it feels like the whole system is totally off, the suspension bounces all over the place like an old Citroen DS. However I have not noticed any change to the level of height.
I cannot adjust the suspension either. I think the pump gave up the spirit ... as I cannot hear it nor hear the hissing noise which is audible when the engine is switched off for a couple of mins after the car is off.

Do you the first message was coming on because the pump was not working properly? But would that not show on the STAR?

Did anyone else experience something similar?

You have to go into the right areas in Star to test the pump.. maybe they didnt..

sounds like a leak to me but could also be the pump getting tired.

North London to Greece - Now thats a drive......

Yeah was the third time I did the drive (second time with the CL)

OK guys just seen the ABC oil dip has to levels one on one side and one on the other side. In the past I always looked the one side... and I guess the guy in the Mercedes in Greece did the same. So we thought it was all full! But when you turn it the other way you realise that this is the lowest level indication and the other end is the top level.
I am afraid the damage is done now, I have seen some leak around the pump area I think it go overworked and overheated so the seals are bust.. However the level of the car is not dropping, but the pump is no longer working...

I had a look online and the ABC Visit workshop indication in white is most of the times low level on ABC Oil in the tank.

Before the problem I never had a leak on the system... but when they refreshed the oil I assume they never put it to the maximum. as it is on the low level since I got the car 1 1/2yr ago.

I tried to locate the relay of the pump to see if this has gonne before I spend £630 on a new pump!

Now regarding the STAR testings I think the guy did all the proper tests ... as I was there when he was doing it ... checking all the valves and pump values, the pressure values even the flow of the oil around the system. Raise and Drop speed. It looked like the american suspesnsion system you see in movies... lol the car jumping up and down with noone in it!

Does anyone know which relay is the one for the pump?

Well I took it to my firend Mechanic and removed the under engine cover.... the leak is coming from the pump! He could not see if it was the Steering pump or the ABC pump as they use the same oil ... plus they are located on the same area... one front one back ... one top one bottom and driven by the same belts! Boy it is crowded in there.
Anyhow ... I am sure it is the ABC pump it has the problem, if you grab the disk where the belt sits on the pump you can move it. Hense we think that the barings of the pump has gone... so it causes to seaze from time to time... so the error message comes on. I assume because of the leak ... the white letter message ABC Suspension visit workshop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom