Help/Advice: Engine Management light & HID Light Fault

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jaz85

Car
Mercedes CLK 230K
hello MB world....

i need some help/advice please....recently my engine management light came on, took it straight to the garage to check the fault and was told it was the AIR FLOW MASS, which i then brought from euro car part the VOD Siemens one, got that changed and coded in, but then within a few days the light came back on, this time i took it to an independent merc garage to use the official diagnostic machine, but the fault was the same and i explained i had had changed the air flow mass, but i was told it was the intake of the air flow pipes that needed to be cleaned out....since then ive been driving with the light on the car feels a sluggish and drinking petrol like nothing...after about a week of driving the car, i got fed up of seeing the light so i thought let me go get it removed and maybe the fault will go away.....:wallbash::wallbash: so today i went and got the fault removed started driving it normally was fine then suddenly as soon as i floored it the light came on within 30mins.....i think on monday im gonna try get the intake pipes cleaned been quoted about 100£ just hope that removes the light and brings the car back to life....

the car is fitted with HID lights factory fitted and i notice the other day one of the lights is out :wallbash::wallbash: more problesm which i dont need....any advice what it could be? the garage said change the bulb but is not as simple as that as its HID?

sorry for the essay guys....and thanks in advance for any advice and help!!

the car is w208 CLK 230 K 2002

Last edited:
HID bulb change is no problem. Just do both with decent quality lamps from Philips or similar. Likely to be the originals and due a change anyway. Tackle the pipes yourself and save yourself the price of the bulbs.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

It's useful to have small hands to change the bulbs, but its doable. As above, best to replace as a pair or you'll get different shades of light.

thank you guys for the reply....

i managed to find some bulbs on ebay OSRAM D2R ORIGINAL Xenarc Xenon Bulbs 66250 2St, will this do? also i spoke to another seller on ebay that i have brought genuine parts from before mercedes benz of newcastle, but they quoted me 110£ per bulb which is ridicules....

could any one please send me any links for decent but reasonable price hid bulbs?

thanks

thank you so much.....

but when i enter my reg LR52RXA, result are only showing halogen bulbs and i selected the vehicle with HID xeons

Jaz85 said:
thank you so much..... but when i enter my reg LR52RXA, result are only showing halogen bulbs and i selected the vehicle with HID xeons

You must have selected main beam, you need dipped beam which is D2S. You can buy whichever, just make sure you buy a pair fit both at the same time

dipped beam is showing H7 when i type in my reg. but when i search the car manually it shows D2S??

Jaz85 said:
dipped beam is showing H7 when i type in my reg. but when i search the car manually it shows D2S??

I'm not sure mate is yours a coupe? Although I can't imagine shape being different for headlights. I typed your reg in with a space and it came up, I chose coupe xenon and clicked dipped and D2S popped up

its a cabriolet but i'm assuming not much difference?

also when i flash my headlights, the second light is yellowish not xeons, i would like to changes these bulbs aswell, is it the main beam for these bulbs?

once again thanks for your help

Jaz85 said:
its a cabriolet but i'm assuming not much difference? also when i flash my headlights, the second light is yellowish not xeons, i would like to changes these bulbs aswell, is it the main beam for these bulbs? once again thanks for your help

Yeah will be H7 I think, my dipped and mains are both H7 and I have Osram Nightbreaker unlimiteds they are brilliant. Shine white, you won't get a xenon-ish colour with halogens unless you get illegal rated halogens, which I wouldn't recommend especially on main beam :thumb:

I'd say buy the D2S but I'm not entirely sure and don't want you to order the wrong bulbs

Can anyone else confirm for us?

just checked the car, the full/main beam is h7 and the dripped is d2s its a different connection circle one....

i think i will order the osram.

thanks again mate much appreciated!!

Jaz85 said:
just checked the car, the full/main beam is h7 and the dripped is d2s its a different connection circle one.... i think i will order the osram. thanks again mate much appreciated!!

Perfect :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom