Help advice opinions on Tax Disc

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

springer

Car
no car
Hi every one,

Anyone got advice for tax discs. Thinking of changing for the standard dealer supplied plastic type.

what do you think about those aluminium ones with screws or titanium coloured one?

Or do you think these a bit naff for MB's

Any recommendations?

regrads

springer

I'd steer clear of the Halfords style screw/metal variety. I think the simpler the better. I got a magnatax circle which just shows the black ring around the tax disc. The reverse has got the M logo on, but also has PRINTED screws on...will replace with something more tasteful!

I've had the metal ones held together with Allen screws. You can never find the key when you need it and they are quite thick. Now I just have a plain black stickyone. Its fine!

I use Magenetax holders, the big pvc one that comes with the vehicle goes straight in the bin (along with the rear window sticker!).

I use the Silver Aluminium one from Ebay.:rock:

I keep the Allen screw key in the centre armrest.

Attachments

• Tax Disc.jpg
    Tax Disc.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 313
Same as Brian and Pammy ...

Except i keep my allen key in the ashtray ... :rolleyes:

right next GTG ill be having all your tax discs!

Tha'll 'ave t' be quick then - coz they aint quick n easy to change, it 'as to bi said;) :D

A big no to the Max Power / Halfrauds tax disc holder.

I always wondered if those big heavy metal ones fly about the cabin in an accident & slice noses or ears off. :eek:

Anyone?

I always wondered if those big heavy metal ones fly about the cabin in an accident & slice noses or ears off. :eek:

Anyone?

I wouldn't volunteer for that experiment :eek:

I have the standard dealer supplied MB of London/Milton Keynes disc holders in both mine. Free and OEM :)

Then there's always the home made option ;). Please excuse the quality, camara phones eh? :eek: .

Portzy

Last edited:
Then there's always the home made option ;). Please excuse the quality, camara phones eh? :eek: .

Portzy

Looks nice that and a very clever thought. What does that consist of a standard plastic tax disc holder with a rear boot badge glued on ?

I don't particularly like the aluminium ones but they are better than anything else, especially in Torquay as the others warp.

Also, Richbrook offer aluminium ones that don't require an allen key, they have pseudo screws but the back plate twists on and off.

Mike

Looks nice that and a very clever thought. What does that consist of a standard plastic tax disc holder with a rear boot badge glued on ?

Yes, pretty much so. The disc itself is a sort of flexible soft'ish plastic which is quite a good mimic of the metal ones, its flexible enough so it follows the window contour, the star is a from a spare wheel centre disc. No glue, the star has a small pin right in the centre behind on its back face so I drilled a small hole in the back of the disc, about 1.5 mm, and then its just a tight fit but still rotates in case you dont get the disc itself quite straight on your screen. Fits with the normal silicone pads but weighs nothing.

Portzy.

PS Pammy, yours is ready now ;) , Blue Laurel Leaf on silver.

My Insurance Broker provides one.:)

Simple plastic , no advertising, but with the Heraldic Crest of an Organisation I have connections with. can be very handy in certain situations (rather like the "old School/Regimental tie but not of the Masonic variety):cool:;)

PORTZY!!! So your paying these little hoodys with screw drivers to take peoples boot badges!!!

PORTZY!!! So your paying these little hoodys with screw drivers to take peoples boot badges!!!

How else would I fund my e-bay activities ;) . Nah, I have/had a few spare wheel centres lying around after swaping the originals for the laurel leaf ones then back again and a bulk buy of tax disc holders. Its just a bit of an hobby that I have really.

Portzy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom