HELP?! Anyone know if you can fit a dump valve for A220 Amg Sport Cdi

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Aminur

Car
Mercedes A220 CDi Amg Sport
Hi I am looking for a dump valve for my a220 cdi amg sport. Does anyone know if you can fit these on to it or any brands that supply it ?

Such as hks forge etc

I have found hks unirversal ones that say they fit a200 a180 a250 but don’t mention a220.

Thank you

There's a reason why the A220 diesel, and every other diesel, isn't in the fitment list for aftermarket dump valves.

Quote:

"There have been instances where people have (with a lot of work) successfully put a dump valve on a diesel. However it isn't simple to do and confers no performance benefit. The chief reason is most diesels do not have a throttle plate or butterfly. Some modern ones do but this is more about managing airflow and emissions. Diesel engines do not use the throttle plate to stop the engine.

In essence when you snap the throttle shut on a diesel you only tell the engine to stop injecting as much fuel. You don't create a vacuum. Therefore installation on a diesel is pointless.

It can be done but the sound is very quiet - and you are losing valuable boost pressure. Just listening to a few videos on Youtube will hopefully put you off this fruitless endeavour."

Why do you want to fit one anyway? If it is to make the car sound more 'sporty', you have, I'm afraid, bought the wrong car. Sorry, but there it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom