help!! Approved used from dealership with clocked miles and bad service :(

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
probably because they didn’t use sintetic oil!
The oil recommended by the manufacturer at the time was either mineral 15w-30 or semi-synt 10w-40.

Oils such as Mobil1 did exist but were expensive and mostly generally recommended for extending the service intervals on fleet cars.

how do you know/what makes you sure that it hasn't had a service in 40k? Not every garage has access to the digital service book so you may find it not on there, but actual invoices for service work. Feel free to email me your reg/chassis and ill take a quick look: [email protected]

Natacha

That’s something that you’re gonna mis :)
I am sure Germany will want a trade deal with the UK so badly, we will still technically be in for the big corps, only people will be missing out on benefits :D

If it was sold by an MB dealership as an approved vehicle it should have history and usually by MB themselves. Anything that doesn't have the correct history would normally end up at auction.

It sounds like an ex-lease car that may have had a can-blocker or mileage corrected to avoid penalties. MB would not have known if this is the case.

it is from a mercedes dealer sadly :(

Yeah, that is what is sometimes referred to as a main dealer so you should be fine depending on whether it proves to be not quite as it was advertised!

how do you know/what makes you sure that it hasn't had a service in 40k? Not every garage has access to the digital service book so you may find it not on there, but actual invoices for service work. Feel free to email me your reg/chassis and ill take a quick look: [email protected]

Natacha
I guess that not every garage can do a proper service on a new mercedes. If you don’t do the service on mercedes garages , you lose your Waranty! My next service is a B1 due in 300 days

Take it back ASAP...ask for an explanation and what they are going to do for you..in terms of compensation....talk to the dealer principal...consider trading standards...don't let them fob you off

I guess that not every garage can do a proper service on a new mercedes. If you don’t do the service on mercedes garages , you lose your Waranty! My next service is a B1 due in 300 days

You are misunderstanding a number of things here.

Just because a garage did not or could not update the service record does not mean that the service was not carried out properly to Mercedes standards.

Also, if the service is not carried out by Mercedes (I presume that this is what you meant by "If you don’t do the service on mercedes garages , you lose your Waranty")! it does not invalidate your warranty as long as the garage is VAT registered and has used manufacturer Original Equipment quality parts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom