Help - Bolt that Mercedes say doesn't exist

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bbr92

Car
Mercedes
Hi,

I have a CLS350 that has the two slot in type air filters a left and a right that are held in place by both 2 x sets of clips and 2 x T30 screws/bolts. When replacing them I accidentally dropped one of the T30 bolts which I cannot find, no problem I thought this must happen all the time as the one by the dip stick is tricky to relocate however these 4 screws don't show up on any Mercedes parts system. These are the 4 black T30 bolts that hold the air filter to the ducting as shown in the picture. Does anyone know the part number so I can go back to Mercedes? The picture below show the hole that that the missing one should go into actually on the filter and the second image shows one of the other 3 identical bolts in place.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

IMG_1844.jpgIMG_1843.jpg

Remove the one on the opposite side an measure it and get a replacement from any nut + bolt shop (even B+Q), nothing fancy the T30 is just the shape of the head pattern.

It will be M5 / M6 x some millimeters long.

Where are you located.

K

Ok thanks will do, I'm in Hampshire. I'll take one of the others out and measure it and visit B&Q

Ok thanks will do, I'm in Hampshire. I'll take one of the others out and measure it and visit B&Q

You should be able to get hex head bolts in B+Q if there is space to get a socket in , if you want lovely stainless cap screws then eBay is the way to go.

K

Ha ! MB say's you have a bolt on your car that does not exist ? Try having rear brake calipers on your car that MB say's don't exist ! That is the official line on my 2006 AMG C55. Basically they are the ones from the previous C32 that MB just carried over to the C55 . But someone forgot to tell the parts guy's

Computer says no type of thing. :doh:

But as said , pretty much any bolt that fit's will do in your case . best of luck. 👍

So I have checked one of the other screws and it has the T30 head, is 25mm long and appears to be about 5 mm diameter. but I can't seem to determine if this is M5 as the thread is quite wide?

Attachments

• IMG_1845.jpg
    IMG_1845.jpg
    316.5 KB · Views: 12
So I have checked one of the other screws and it has the T30 head, is 25mm long and appears to be about 5 mm diameter. but I can't seem to determine if this is M5 as the thread is quite wide?

Certainly not metric with that pitch , that looks like a self tapper thread , strange as i figured it would be metric . :oops:

I would take it to the dealers , they must have a few of them lying around as spares.

If that fails i will have a look in the garage .

K

Thanks all, so have been to B&Q and Screwfix and none of the self tappers or bolts they have match that thread and size so I'm a bit stuck?

Certainly not metric with that pitch , that looks like a self tapper thread , strange as i figured it would be metric . :oops:

I would take it to the dealers , they must have a few of them lying around as spares.

K
Beat me to it - that probably screws into a Spire Clip/ U nut type fixing and is therefore a self tapper.

Not M5, it's a screw thread specially for plastic. Have a look on Amazon or the bay, I have found all sorts of odd bits of clips/fasteners Etc when like you I have dropped something.

EBay do automotive self tappers although it would be worth trying the commercial mb parts desk. There is one in Southampton.

K
Thanks, so no luck and any trade places and Mercedes have just said it doesn't exist even though my car has 4 as will any Mercedes with the left and right panel filters.

7902391_18624915.jpg
Does this look like it?

P/n is A0019846629

It probably does exist, just not sold separately. It may come if you buy the whole housing.

I've got bags full of these . If the thickness is the same .

7902391_18624915.jpg
Does this look like it?

P/n is A0019846629
This looks exactly like it, I make it 25mm long and 5mm give or take diameter. Does that sound right for that part?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom