Help Boot Warning light keeps flashing W208 CLK Convertable

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Josebush

Car
CLK 230 Kompressor Cabriolet W208
Hi New to site New to Mercedes too. I have bought a CLK convertable with a few problems but lately the boot warning light keeps flashing whilst driving and for some reason the alarm seem to activate a short while after locking.

Can any one help ??

What state is the battery in? I'm just wondering if these are the kind of electrical gremlins you see when there's a problem in that area.

Not Sure on that one I will have to check it with a meter but there seems to be plenty of life in it . I removed the Siren today as I read threads that the batteries in this can cause problems ( and to stop annoying the Neighbours )
The boot light came on again after a while!
Is the plunger with the brass wheel to the right of the lock anything to do with it .. ??

Turn on the ignition, then remove the key and unlock the boot with the boot open button on the remote.

Is the inside boot light going out when you shut the boot?

Dec

Hi Dec
Yes the Boot Light goes out ...thats the nylon plunger on the left hand side of the lock.

Hi PoBody
Battery voltage engine of 12.28v dc Engine running 13.98v dc

Hi Dec
Yes the Boot Light goes out ...thats the nylon plunger on the left hand side of the lock.

Is that when you press the plunger in with your finger or when you slam the boot shut?

Dec

Hi Again
Found that the plunger is actually an actuator it fires when you pop the boot with the remote or button and then seems to be sucked back in .
Also checked wiring in rubber tube between body and boot lid found a few bits of tape over crushed cables and insulation damage , Have cut and soldered all of these. Just need to take it foe a run later and see if that was the problem??

PS re the boot light going out ... not going for that I might not get out of the boot !! ha ha

Josebush said:
PS re the boot light going out ... not going for that I might not get out of the boot !! ha ha
Put your phone in there and record it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom