HELP! Boot wont open?!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RobMorris

Car
W210 E300 TD
Chaps

My boot wont open?
Ive tried the key fob..
Ive tried the interior pull button but no luck?

The little red light and the inside boot light are on - meaning it thinks its open already but not?

I tried my key (plus 2 spares) but the key wont go in the boot lock?
The boot manual button goes in but doesnt release the boot?

What do I do?

Cheers

Is there any way you can get to the boot via the rear seat? or tried using wd40 in lock?

As above. Just about push the key into the lock then give it a really good spray with wd40 or other suitable lubricating spray. Keep doing it and carefully work the key side to side. It will eventually turn. The boot wont open with key in the standard position. It needs to turn to one side then push in! Do you have an electronic key or early type? If an electronic key you'll need to gently work it back and forth with pliers. Dont snap it!!!!!!

the key is only ging in about 1 cm..not all the way in?
Ive been soaking it with WD40 for the last 2 hours and no progress.

It open on my key fob this morning?
I have been working in my boot all day. Laying sound deadening..
The air pipe was off earlier (feeding the rear head rests) but ive put that back on properlly.

As above. Just about push the key into the lock then give it a really good spray with wd40 or other suitable lubricating spray. Keep doing it and carefully work the key side to side. It will eventually turn. The boot wont open with key in the standard position. It needs to turn to one side then push in! Do you have an electronic key or early type? If an electronic key you'll need to gently work it back and forth with pliers. Dont snap it!!!!!!
Sorry, this is not always the case. I spent months spraying WD40 and worse into the lock and then wiggling it around with a hairpin (the key wouldn't get in). In the end, the only solution was complete disassembly. Even then I needed a press to get the levers out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom