Help ! Brake lights stuck on

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SA11OWZ

Car
CLS 350
I have a 2005 cls350 and I went to my car yesterday and the brake lights were stuck on even though ignition was off.
I took the battery off overnight.
This morning I put the battery back on and the brake lights were off but then came back on now they’re on all the time but only when ignition is on.
I took out the brake switch and it’s works fine.
Please see below

Attached

Attachments

• 7D0E740B-9641-4295-A77A-264BC0D429A6.jpeg
    7D0E740B-9641-4295-A77A-264BC0D429A6.jpeg
    33.9 KB · Views: 12
Hi ! I unplugged the switch and checked it and it is brake lights still on. Also checked the switch with a meter and is working

Sorry, Misread your post. What happens when you clear the fault? Does it just come back?

You may need to have it scanned using the SDS to get a view as to what is going on. I am not sure what diagnostic system you are using.

Some info below on N93 issues which does mention a symptom of brake light on.

That’s ok ! My mate has a snap on zues. We looked at it and come up with the screen which is on second reply of my post.
When I press the brake pedal the diagnostic tool says brake light on and when you let the pedal off it says off yet the brake lights stay on all the time.

Double check the earth connections to the rear lights clusters. And try changing the brake light bulbs.

Failing that you may have an issue with the rear SAM. I would check for signs of water ingress.

Double check the earth connections to the rear lights clusters. And try changing the brake light bulbs.

Failing that you may have an issue with the rear SAM. I would check for signs of water ingress.
Great thank you do you know where the SAM is ? Also the top half of the lights are led which are the brake lights but rest are bulb.
thanks

Great thank you do you know where the SAM is ? Also the top half of the lights are led which are the brake lights but rest are bulb.
thanks
No idea where the rear SAM is on your car... typically it will be behind the internal panel on either side of the boot. And if the brake lights are LED, then you obviously can't change the bulbs.

Great will have a look thank you for your help

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom