Help! bumper respray\replacement bodyshop south east London

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MrP

Car
w204 C180 CGI Sport
Just finished eating my Easter meal and my sister's neighbor thought his car could shrink and ended up swiping my pride and joys rear bumper whilst parking! :wallbash:

Seems to have flexed/cracked the paint of the bumper and left lots of deep scuff marks.

Says he will get sorted and contact his local garage who can sort but this is my pride and joy so don't wont any Joe touching my car.

Quite simply can anyone recommend a first class body shop in south east London who can work on Mercedes (w204) and their finish/quality is immaculate?

Also, Can a respray be done on this or will the bumper have to be replaced (tenorite grey metallic)?
How much should a respray and/or bumper replacement cost?

Many Thanks

DSC_0362_zpsvokdzefq.jpg

A bumper respray on my 3 series BMW was £400 at the main dealer. It was a bumper off job.

Thanks Bewva, Sounds good. Understand it was a main dealer but still not a Merc. Will be phoning round various places during week but sure there must be a highly recommended Merc bodyshop around South London. Brought myself round to check the damage again and trying to determine if the plastic has been deformed slightly or if its the paint and clear coat thats coming away.

Easy repair, I've done a lot worse you shouldn't be paying anything more then £300 (that's the max I charge for a bumper)

Thats great all, thanks. Been to and called a number over the last few days. Will post how i get on. Its a whole new world when someone hits your pride and joy.

You're more patient than me, I'd of said nowhere else other than mercedes dealer (they'd send it to an approved body shop if they haven't one on site)

Yep know what you mean Ash59. I don't trust anyone with my car to be honest hence reason on here trying to get peoples experiences. Car came from the main retail dealer and they're (various) not exactly 100% perfect when it comes to attention to detail. Have searched previous posts and google is my friend so been sifting through the weeds. Not all bodyshops are the same so also looking into what painting system they use as need to make sure its faultless and will last. One looked good but uses the Lechler Hrydofan system and from what i have read Mercedes approves the use of the Glasurit system.

MrP. I had same scenario in November when transit van bumped me at some lights. Driver was self employed and despite having insurance wanted to do it cash. Decent guy so I agreed. I got quotes from MB Approved body shop who wanted what I thought was a very unreasonable £750 for a respray (no bracket damage), think It was the guys in Maidstone who don't have a great rep. Any way my indie also has a body shop so got a quote from them. Was about £500 and I am very happy with the work. It's NJS solutions near brands hatch. I really rate them.

That's easily repairable, you could even have it SMART repaired. However if he is paying, might as well go down the respray route.

My local bodyshop only charged me £160 to respray the rear bumper on my previous Range Rover Sport. That also included repairing a crack in the bumper as well, looked good as new.

Last edited:
Thanks for the prices guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom