Help choosing a new tv

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

karlos280

I'm in the market for a new tv with a budget of £1000.
It has to be 50 " led not to bothered if it hasn't got 3d but it must have least 400hz picture quality as I watch a lot of sport and movies.
Any recommendations would be greatfull as there is so much choice.
Thanks

If you watch a lot of movies I'd go for a plasma over a LED any day...

Panasonic produce excellent sets, I wouldn't touch most of the LG or Samsung sets with a barge pole.
Unless you go for the top end sets, their colours and blacks are horrible!

I'd go with V12 on this.
I have yet to see an lcd screen that I makes me want to chop in my plasma.

Panasonic, Plasma, my two P's worth :D:D

Plasma without a doubt but be quick as Panasonic are pulling out of it! However, by the time that set needs replacing hopefully OLED will be in production at a good price!

Thread hijack here - apologies in advance
We bought a 32" Toshiba for the kitchen about a year ago and it's not brilliant.
Got the opportunity to move it to the "boys room" soon and have a new one in the kitchen.
Will probably stick at 32" or possibly a bit bigger
Is plasma an option at that size?

Thread hijack here - apologies in advance
We bought a 32" Toshiba for the kitchen about a year ago and it's not brilliant.
Got the opportunity to move it to the "boys room" soon and have a new one in the kitchen.
Will probably stick at 32" or possibly a bit bigger
Is plasma an option at that size?

Don't think so. LG used to make one. Strictly for big screens nowadays and they're on borrowed time.

There are some dated 42" plasmas kicking around but 50" is the size for the good ones.

Just had a look at Richer Sounds. Smallest I can find is Panasonic 42". Might be a bit mighty for the kitchen:(

Next best thing for smaller sizes is a decent LED panel. I have a benq 24" monitor which has a VA panel and the blacks and contrast of colours are excellent.

There is such a wide range of quality when it comes to LED screens so beware!

Thanks guys for your thoughts

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom