HELP!! Cl203 I want to buy lacks MOT history

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I have a 2nd sim for same reason. At the end of dealing it goes dormant.
I have a 2nd eBay account so the abusers can't ruin my reputation on the primary account.

Hmmm... perhaps I should create a second user profile on mbclub, for when I want to use foul language... will call the second profile 'yajkarm', no one will guess it's me. So then I could say that I have an mbclub 'burner' profile... this makes me sound cool :thumb: . I think...

Hmmm... perhaps I should create a second user profile on mbclub, for when I want to use foul language... will call the second profile 'yajkarm', no one will guess it's me. So then I could say that I have an mbclub 'burner' profile... this makes me sound cool :thumb: . I think...

Very different and I'm surprised you feel the need to go personal.

I advertise and have had drunken numpties ringing weeks later in the middle of the night. The 2nd sim gives a choice of clocking off while my personal life can continue separately.

The 2nd eBay account takes nothing away from buyers buying through it. Ebay protections still apply and it could even be viewed that as my primary account is used much more eBay would give that more sympathy due to their increased revenues from it, your honour.

I mean I suppose so but he doesn't even know what I look like so I could edit any picture onto my licence, that's why it'd make more sense to show it in person surely? I would always ask to see the V5 but when I'm at the address not interrogate people before I've even seen the thing. Think I'll just leave it, there'll be others I've got a decent motor no point risking fraud or buying a dodgy car. I suspect its due to the fact I said I was bringing a mechanic mustve thrown him off as he said nothing about showing licence before that.
Well , that’s why I would cover up all your other details like driver number , address etc .

Particularly your address because someone up to no good , by obtaining your address would then know you would be out at a certain time , and you might return home to an unpleasant surprise .

It seems to me a not unreasonable request to ask to see some ID from a buyer, but only on arrival, not in advance. Then again, I don't live in east London...
Well , that’s why I would cover up all your other details like driver number , address etc .

Particularly your address because someone up to no good , by obtaining your address would then know you would be out at a certain time , and you might return home to an unpleasant surprise .
I didn't ask but he said send a picture of your "full" driving licence so I'm not even sure if he would've been okay with me covering up the other details?

He went on about wanting to verify my identity because he had 'conerns' but how do i even know he is who he says he is? Not even an email, no surname so literally nothing for me to fall back on. Anyway ill just look for another CL203. Shame because it seemed like the best example, perhaps too good to be true 🤔.

Reactions: 219
I didn't ask but he said send a picture of your "full" driving licence so I'm not even sure if he would've been okay with me covering up the other details?

He went on about wanting to verify my identity because he had 'conerns' but how do i even know he is who he says he is? Not even an email, no surname so literally nothing for me to fall back on. Anyway ill just look for another CL203. Shame because it seemed like the best example, perhaps too good to be true 🤔.

'If' you feel this is a worthy motor, when you have the address for £3 you can do an online land registry search. If he is the property owner you then have reasonable reassurance.

In today's world there are many reasons to be concerned, and that works both ways. How much is paranoia is beyond me.

Reactions: 219

Well , even with personal details obscured , it would still be a picture of a full driving licence , as opposed to a provisional one ! :D

Merclover so this car is Mercedes C180 K Evolution S auto Coupe
Pass August 12 th 2020 with 37,654 on the clock
Pass August 8 th 2019 with 31,374 on the clock
No problems .

Very different and I'm surprised you feel the need to go personal....

Err... I wasn't. It was said in good humour. After all, I did fess-up to having a 'non-attributable' email address myself. I can fully understand the need.

Err... I wasn't. It was said in good humour. After all, I did fess-up to having a 'non-attributable' email address myself. I can fully understand the need.
Hey, who knows it may be you're communicating with his alter ego burner account right now...and plot twist, his real account is a moderator/admin account. 🤯

Good ol' internet's it's easy to mistake a comment where body language isn't available.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom