Help - CLK55 Fuel pump & sender

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Nigeld85

Car
CLK55 AMG
Hi all

So been having issues on and off for 3 months or so with my clk55

It started out with the sender unit leaking which was replaced, then it broke down and went to limp mode running rough this time the small (priming pump) was replaced.

It then leaked again from the sender unit via the earth connector so the sender was replaced under warranty with mercedes.

Fast forward to this week, it failed to start again when low on fuel, so managed ro get it started by removing and replacing the fuel relay. Turns out it has burnt through the connector and again melted the sender.

The fuel pump is drawing 14Amps (so not good)

If you've made it this far well done, my question is...

Rather than spending £1300 on a mercedes fuel pump are there any aftermarket alternatives for part no. A2034703494 ??

Previously the garage have only managed to find the small primer pump not the larger in cylinder pump

Need some help before I commit to the £1700 (on top of the £500 already spent) spend

Hi
Well they are aftermarket versions of the pt.no. you posted, which is what you asked for.
Have you the MB Pt.No. for the pump you are looking for?

The main Part numbers are
A2034701641 for the sender (£206)
A2034703494 for the twin pump unit (£1053)

Now I have found a YouTube video from FML where he replaced the twin pump unit and he had out the additional part numbers;
A0014703194 primer pump
A0004701794 Main pump

I'd like to know if the 2 numbers above are correct and if anyone has replaced the pumps separately without buying the whole units from mercedes.

Hopefully to save the best part of a grand

Last edited:
Les principaux numéros de pièces sont
A2034701641 pour l'expéditeur (£206)
A2034703494 pour l'unité à double pompe (£ 1053)

Maintenant, j'ai trouvé une vidéo YouTube de FML où il a remplacé l'unité à double pompe et il a sorti les numéros de pièces supplémentaires ;
A0014703194 pompe d'amorçage
A0004701794 Pompe principale

J'aimerais savoir si les 2 chiffres ci-dessus sont corrects et si quelqu'un a remplacé les pompes séparément sans acheter les unités entières de mercedes.

J'espère sauver la meilleure partie d'un grand
hi, did you find a solution to your problem?
I have the same problem on my clk 55 amg and like you I don't want to spend 1200
Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom