Help! Comand removal tool stuck!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

meb

Car
SL500 R230
I removed my Comand unit from my 208 CLK with the 2 x MB removal tools to try and clean the CD mechanism, as it turned out I did not have the correct Torx driver (anyone know the size?) to take it apart. I put it back in OK, but now the tools are stuck inside the front panel of the Comand and whenever I try to pull them out, the Comand comes out too.

Does anyone know how these tools should be removed? I am sure there is a knack to this but I cannot find it...

Thanks

um - take the tools out first - then push comand back in?

Nope, tried that they seem to be locked in there - unless there is a way to release them I do not know about?

I had the same problem when I installed command last weekend. There must be a proper way of releasing them but I could not find it! :eek: I used the end of a kitchen knife to push in the metal lugs which hold the keys in place. With these pushed in, I managed to pull the keys straight out.

Got it!

Thanks Ratten the kitchen knife did the trick.

meb said:
Got it!

Thanks Ratten the kitchen knife did the trick.

For future reference, there is a hole in the locking clip through which the tool is visible once inserted. Pressing down into the hole releases the tools.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom