Help - Command APS seems dead!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rhjcamp

Car
R-Class, & R171
Help!
I have spent most of the day fitting a Denison 500 gateway and the Dension AVR which was all working absolutley fine until I tried to put all the bits back and it all started going wrong. I could get Video on the command unit, play music tracks off both an IPOD and USB mass storage device and even re-route my IPOD videos av out to a rear screen. Album/Track names appeared in command (But not on the dash display under Audio)

Then it all went wrong once I put all the cables/command/dashboard back! At first the ability to get the video to appear on the command stopped working, so I took out the heater controls, and the AVR unit tucked inside and tried swaping the video out for the rear video (The rear was working at this point) to the head unit. At this point CD changer, IPOD and USD mass storage device were both fine. Then the command just turned it self off. I can't get anything to power back on. That includes the CD disk changer in the glovebox or the little blue led on the denison remote switch.

Must be a fuse I thought, check fuse 39 (7.5amps) in the boot but looks like it is still good. (Lent test meter to a mate, not got it back yet)

Did I miss something, wrong fuse, need to do a reset etc? I am going to strip the whole thing back out tomorrow back to just the command APS unit and then see what happens, but all suggestions welcome!

As an aside, I have had the ignition and electrics on/off all day, so althought the battery did not go flat, it was unable to start turn the engine, so had to jump it. After jump start it all still worked apart from the command watching video.

Mercedes R-Class 2007, 320 cdi.

Help!

Thx
Rob

Hmmm, everything was turned off, and as i said, part from the video everything was working afterwards, so not sure using a set of jump leads to start the engine is the problem. rob.

Jump leads fry ECU's like I fry sausages on a sunday ....

Not ECUs but SAMs and that may well affect the COMAND operation?

Okay, all fixed. Turns out there are two fuse in series, Fuse25, 15 amp covers all radio systems, where as the Comand fuse (Which was okay) is 7.5 amps. For all those who posted about jump starting the car, there is a section in the owners manual which i followed, so i would not expect there to be a problem, and as the battery is buried under the carpet and can't be got at i am not sure what the alteratives would be? Thanks for all the looks/replaies. Rob.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom