Help damage to car

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Nik_Endeavour

Car
Mercedes-less at the moment
Just realised that my car has been hit last when I was out seeing some mates in Bristol.

Bonnet and grill both damaged grrr.

The car that done the damage I am adamant was a blue X5 that was parked in front. I have no reg number though. My only hope is that particular parking area you have to enter the digits of the reg number and somehow could be traced.

Police not very helpful :-(

Without witnesses, the driver admitting to it, or actual proof you are stuffed. Someone did this to my car some years ago and pursuing it was a none starter.

I'm hoping the restaurant in front of which car was parked has CCTV and the damage was very obviously from a high vehicle. I am fuming!

Your only real hope is if the incident was captured on CCTV. Hope this cheers you up. Pretend the Blue car is the X5.;) A little clip from DESPICABLE ME [YOUTUBE]NClL1_cNIGY[/YOUTUBE]

Thanks Grober. Never have been so angry

Shall I tell the insurers/scammers? Chances they will put my premiums up through no fault of my own

Shall I tell the insurers/scammers? Chances they will put my premiums up through no fault of my own

Aren't insurance premiums based on risk, rather than fault?

For instance, people that live in areas with a high crime rate pay more becasue it's more likely their car will be stolen; that's not to say it's their fault if their car is stolen, though.

But this is a trip to different city and parked in a designated space and hit by some inconsiderate w***** / no insurance driver.

That was an expected problem that had no predictable risk. It is al empirical though.

Question is: Am I legally obliged to tell them?

Aren't insurance premiums based on risk, rather than

Premium will probably go up. Statistically, if you've suffered a loss you're more likely to again, apparently.

Question is: Am I legally obliged to tell them?

Only tell them if you want to pursue the other party, should you find them, or if the damage is enough to warrant you claiming from your own policy. Otherwise, I'd keep schtum.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom