HELP !!! Deciding on a car!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

adam2116

H!

i need ur help! im thinkin of purchasin an E220CDi the 1999-2002 model. im wantin to purchase for the long run, one which i can eventually scrap after many years! iv seen two cars, and im so unsure which one to buy

E220CDi Elegance - Metallic Blue - WITH leather, 82000miles
next service due in approx 10,000 miles. askin for £12000

or a

E220Cdi Avantgarde - Silver - WITHOUT leather, 77000miles, and with a A-service due in 3000miles. askin for £12800

apart from the leather in one and not in the other, all the other spec is the same!

so in a nutshell a metallic blue elegance with leather which is £800 less than a silver avantgarde without leather!

the problem being iv always purcahsed a silver colourd car, and now im scrathing my brains thinkin is it worthwhile paying £800more and sacrificing the leather option!

please reply! and tell me what would you do? if u wer in my position!

in other words WHICH ONE ???!!!

cheers! ADAM !!!

I prefer Avantgarde over Elegance but thats personel choice.

If its the Silver Avantgarde you prefer tell the seller your interested but are thinkin about the other one seriously and that you really wanted leather and that service due so soon is another down side.
Point the downsides of his car out to him and the good sides of the other and see if he will price match the other or better it.
I'd offer him £11,500 and go from there ;)

silver avantgarde is worth more.

Metallic blue is nice, but , an a$$hole to keep looking nice . Silver is low maint and this is reflected in the price.

I would personally take the Silver Avantgarde. or wait for a better silver one with leather.

I would go for the Silver Avantgarde, not for the colour but for the spec and handling.
Elegance cars can look a bit old fashioned and are a bit spongy.

Don't be too worried about leather, its cold in the winter when you first get in (even with heated seats), roasting in the summer, and very slippery round bends.

It's a bit like the Golf GTi syndrome, you get less and you pay more, but so will the next buyer.

Just work on forcing the price down a bit.

Elegance cars can look a bit old fashioned and are a bit spongy

Thanks Dieselman, but I think my elegance is cool !!!!!!!!!:cool:

Just to disagree with everyone, I would go for the blue as Leather is a must these days and you will have problems selling on a merc without leather in the future. Also dare i say it, but silver is so common!

I agree that avantgarde is nice, but elegance is also very nice, i think its still quite classy, esp on e-class.

I would be cheeky and offer the blue guy 11K and move up from there!

I once offered 10K cash for a car that was advertised at 13995. The guy looked like he was ready to hit me but in the end I drove away with it for 10.5K - be cheeky, nothing to lose!

Cheers

Jay

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom