Help ECU Problem or not

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spoors

Car
mercedes m class
Hello brand new to this type of message board but just wondering if anyone could be of any help. I have a 2004 c270 m class and have had no problems with it until Tuesday morning. I stared car as normal all ok then half the dash lights illuminated and car went into limp mode . Got it home ok but would not go above 3000 rpm . Read various forums and most advised of faulty switch on brake pedal (sorry forgot to mention its an auto ) and or blown fuse . Could not get out of park but found override on box , put pencil in and got to a garage . Garage diagnosed ECU failiure and want to get new ECU . In your opinions is this a valid fault as I had no prior indications of any faults with ECU (no misfires , overrunning nothing car was great) Your help would be gratefully accepted before I get new ECU. With thanks

You need to get it plugged in firstly. Otherwise its a guessing game.

Look at my sticky in the engine section.

Thanks for your swift reply apparently they did plug it in and a knackered ecu was diagnosed . Was just wondering why it should go in such a way , thought they may be a few other symptoms before the unit going..Once again thanks for your help blackc55.

They just do.

Its the same as if your TV stops working.

BTW some can be repaired. Google BBA reman.

Was it a Mercedes garage? Did they use the STAR system to diagnose the ECU?

STAR is Mercedes own diagnostics system which can read and diagnose far more than generic readers, even many professional ones.

Tell us where you are located, the nearest big town will be fine, and we may be able to point you at the right garage.

Thanks at present located in Liverpool.

Had ECU replaced and all seems fine except...Have noticed that passenger side xenon head light is out . Could this blowing have caused a back feed or spike in voltage which frazzled my ECU ???

Not a chance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom