Help, engine starts and then immediatly stops

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BenzComander

MB Enthusiast
Car
E320 Avantgarde Estate
Wifey just been on the phone, she is parked outside Mothercare and the car wont run. Engine starts but then immedialty stops :eek:

Any suggestions please??

Petrol/diesel lack of??? Sorry! Only thing I could think of quickly. :confused:

Last edited:
Off on a mercy rescue mission :D

Will report back later :crazy:

Update: And now it works OK!! Sometimes it is more concerning that it is not properly broke!! :eek:

Could have been some muck in the fuel maybe? I know we don't get that that often these days but I guess it's a possibillity :rolleyes: Or could be the fuel pump having a bit of a hiccup - could it be on it's wayout?

Is your wife covered by something like the RAC, Green Flag etc - could be a good idea if not ;)

ECU fault codes

Maybe a scan of the ECU fault codes might reveal something, but only in the hands of someone who knows what they are doing :rolleyes: :rolleyes: petrol or diesel by the way?

Last edited:
Thanks everybody for the advice, good point by grober about the fault codes, will have to have them checked (If any).

Will post further developments :)

Something similar happened to us while on the way to brother's in laws.
Very awkward and embarrassing to be stuck in a shiny benz at the lights. about 10 cranks into it, and right before calling the towing company I disconnected the MAF out of despair. Lo and behold it worked!

Family think I'm a certified mechanic since then :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom