**help** Fan belt tensioner

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sp!ke

Administrator
Car
SL500 & The Fart Car
Thought I'd change the fan belt today since its been squeeling on and off for some time.

Unfortunately, I have hit a snag. The tensioner bolt is attached to an arm but I cant figure out where it locates... it just seems to be floating around with nothing to attach to. (See pictures)

Does anyone know what it attaches to or how it locates? I'm kinda stuck. In the picture you can see that th rod goes into the hole but I am not sure what it attaches to or how. I assume the L shaped bit sits in a slot or recess somewhere.

Attachments

• confused.JPG
    confused.JPG
    56.2 KB · Views: 95
Looking at your picture it appaers that the "L" of the rod just hooks under tha casting via the hole.

Sp!ke, you have a pm. In addition to my pm yes there is an allow bar inside the housing that it fits in.
Ian

Sp!ke, here is a drawing that may help you. This is from a 190 but I think, having seen your photo, that may be similar. Hope this helps.
1137924463.jpg

Ahhh... looks identical to me. Thanks for the schematic, thas exactly what I needed. :bannana:

That would make sense too as I have been fishing around wit the rod pointing the wrong way. I know exactly which garage broke the retaining clip originally now too. :mad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom