Help fault warnings on EPS, ABS, BAS

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gpfalcon

Car
mb e320 avantgarde
Hello people where do I start, I have a 2001 mb e320 avantgarde v6 petrol, went shopping yesterday left car in carpark when i came back car started okay but would not disengage from park display showing 3 faults EPS, ABS and BAS. Used a tool in the gearlever to disengage from park and got the car home where i looked under the bonnet, the only thing I noticed was that the assembly just in front of the brake master cylinder (not sure what its called) was very hot? Heres hoping that someone can offer a bit of advise.
Thanks people please excuse my rambling its my first post

Brake light switch...probably.

yes under the brake master cylinder their is a black box three electrical connectors in it its the BAS unit they can take water on the w202 and i have changed a few in the past

it removes the bas asr light

the esp light im not sure

i would also check battery voltage when engine off and with engine on looking for 12 + when off and 14+ when engine running

also lock your steering full to the right then left with engine running it might help reset it

That's the duo valve for your hvac.

yes your right thats the heater valve

i was on about the BAS unit behind it can go faulty and cause a bas asr fault

swap one from scrap yard and check if gone a quick fix no need to reset with star

yes under the brake master cylinder their is a black box three electrical connectors in it its the BAS unit they can take water on the w202 and i have changed a few in the past

it removes the bas asr light

the esp light im not sure

i would also check battery voltage when engine off and with engine on looking for 12 + when off and 14+ when engine running

also lock your steering full to the right then left with engine running it might help reset it
Tried the lock to lock no change, will try to look at the black box tomorrow thanks guys:thumb:

Hi trevor my name is dan and im new to the forum...

I am very interested in the c36 amg you have for sale...

I am from cork myself so if you could give me a text or a ring on 0862592292 i would greatly appreciate it thank you..

Would be willing to give cash in hand as long as the price is fair...cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom