Help for Ash - Hospitality Directory - Submit a Link

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
A

Ashley

I've been trying to get a links directory working on my web site and it seems to be always coming up with new errors, I would be grateful if anyone could help test it for me.

I asking anyone and everyone to post a test URL @ Hospitality Directory - Submit a Link and then make a quick post back here to let me know if there was any problems or not.

I would be very grateful to all who do post a URL.

In return to any webmasters who post a link a will leave it live for SEO in the Off Topic category (I have not set the categories yet, I'll do that once it is out of beta). If your not a webmaster any old link would be OK but if it was on topic to the hospitality industry that would be an even better bonus for me, but the important part is your experience on how it worked.

Many Many thanks.

Ashley

Hospitality Directory - Submit a Link

Last edited by a moderator:
tried to register - (using Mozilla browser) - got to the (probably) congrats, you may now post blah blah page... blank. completely...

now cant log in...

Not a good start for me!

edit:

email sent to me reads:-
Hi guyd and welcome to !

etc

welcome to ! ???? :confused:

edit2

P.S If you haven’t already don’t forget to post a Welcome Message (http://www.hfuk.org.uk/Hospitality-Forum-UK/welcome-message-new-member-introductions/) a

goes to a dead page... aparantly (might be cos I cant log in)

Last edited:
oooh - thats quite cool - managed to log in :rolleyes: - me bein stupid..

if you type in www. google .com it comes up as a hyperlink, automatically, with the websites' text in there (so mine, www.atct.co.uk comes up automatically as 'all terrain...)

Cheers Guy, you should not have had to register to submit a link, odd

I like that a lot the way it picks up the meta details

Ashley said:
I've been trying to get a certain part of a web site right and it seems to be always coming up with new errors.

I asking anyone and everyone to post a link on the following link and then make a quick post back here to let me know if there was any problems.

I entered www.mercupgrades.com - and it filled in the titles etc from the index page there

However, as my title is > 50 characters, it failed with

1. The Title you have entered is too long (57 characters). The maximum number of characters allowed is 50.

R

google has a limit of 50 hence my limit of 50, but thinking about many will exceed the 50 so I made it 100

Last edited by a moderator:
Annie listed her site (bohohippy fashions) and as usual she typed loads of waffle :)

Looks like some of the text has been cut off on the index page but there was no warning, perhaps you need some sort of character counter?

In the listing page all the text is there but the "&" character is also showing the code for it

Cheers

Andy

andy_k said:
Annie listed her site (bohohippy fashions) and as usual she typed loads of waffle :)

Looks like some of the text has been cut off on the index page but there was no warning, perhaps you need some sort of character counter?

In the listing page all the text is there but the "&" character is also showing the code for it

Cheers

Andy
"&" Odd, I will have a look at that one.

character counter?
I like that idea a lot, it should not be to hard.

I added the Odd ball link All worjked perfectly.
Found it slightly off-putting that when going to the link I had to pass through the admin page again. It should be unnecessary.

Added mine Ash, worked pefectly (as guest). The CAPTCHA graphic was a little hard to read ;)

Hi Ash,
Had to backspace for

Thank you! Your link has been successfully submitted to the database. It will appear once an admin has had time to review and approve it.

Click here to return to Hospitality Directory

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom