Help for new E320cdi owner.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

s60r

Hi all,

awaiting delivery of E320 cdi registered sept 05 on a 55 plate. can't wait to get it but it has a couple of small bodywork scuffs to be repaired.

It has the DVD command and nav and pre wired phone in the centre armrest. need a bit of advice......

want to connect my ericsson w890i and need to know if i can purchase a cradle for the glove box anywhere other than the dealer or is the dealer the best bet? i also need to connect my ipod to the command and need to know how to go about this.

Also do i need to ask the dealer to update any firmware for the nav and command?

would be very grateful for any help and advice before i collect the car.

many thanks in advance for your help.

cheers.

Hi - welcome - congrat's on your new purchase - you will enjoy :D :D

Sorry I can't help with your query but one of the gang will be able too I'm sure.

Hi and welcome.

You can find a list of available cradles that fit in the arm rest from one of the MB sites, not sure which but I'll try to find it. There are various place you can get cradles and it might be worth sending 'ALFIE' a PM, he is on this forum and is very knowledgable on this stuff. You could also get a bluetooth cradle like this one http://shop.mercedes-benzofmiltonke...id=22&osCsid=afaec1f86c3f3731b390e77c8f03ea0e again ALFIE can sort this.
You can also get an I-POD intergration kit like this http://shop.mercedes-benzofmiltonke...=1038&osCsid=afaec1f86c3f3731b390e77c8f03ea0e from ALFIE too, I dont work for him by the way.
As for firmware etc just ask the dealer to check and make sure it's all up to date.
As for the car you will not be dissapointed, my old W211 E320 CDI was a superb car and just cruised all day, superb cars, congratulations.

Last edited:
Hi all,

awaiting delivery of E320 cdi registered sept 05 on a 55 plate. can't wait to get it but it has a couple of small bodywork scuffs to be repaired.

It has the DVD command and nav and pre wired phone in the centre armrest. need a bit of advice......

want to connect my ericsson w890i and need to know if i can purchase a cradle for the glove box anywhere other than the dealer or is the dealer the best bet? i also need to connect my ipod to the command and need to know how to go about this.

Also do i need to ask the dealer to update any firmware for the nav and command?

would be very grateful for any help and advice before i collect the car.

many thanks in advance for your help.

cheers.
Can't answer the phone question but tact will be required for the COMAND upgrade.

The navigational disc is the navigational disc and we get what comes with the car, or the previous owner has purchased.

The very latest COMAND update was deemed not a service issue, so some dealers have been known to do it for free, others are not so obliging. I was unfortunate and had to buy the disc. It is a cheap buy and was not worth fighting over, but by installing it I now have an ETA option that was not there before.

Are you buying the car from a main dealer? I only ask because you mention a few 'scuffs'! Any paint repairs must be carried out by an approved Mercedes agent if you want to remain in the Mobilo umbrella.

Good luck with the car.

Regards
John

many thanks all.

yes main dealer ....salisbury bit of a trip from where i live but have been tracking down the spec i wanted for some time.

will ask them (tactfully)first thing tuesday when they open.

just seen www.comandonline.co.uk and they seem to have all the hardware required to make my gadgets work. just not sure if its worth getting the main dealer to do it and pay a bit extra?

cant wait to collect it! drove it yesterday and was so impressed. got the 5g not the newer 7g and was expecting it to be "harsh" as has been written in many articles about the car......but no such thing. if the 7 speed is quieter then surely it must be totally silent!!

many thanks again and safe driving to all.

cheers.

cant wait to collect it! drove it yesterday and was so impressed. got the 5g not the newer 7g and was expecting it to be "harsh" as has been written in many articles about the car......but no such thing. if the 7 speed is quieter then surely it must be totally silent!!

many thanks again and safe driving to all.

cheers.
5 speed in-line six engine is a great combination :D

I'm sure you will be well pleased. Has it got the electric opening tailgate?

Regards
John

just seen www.comandonline.co.uk and they seem to have all the hardware required to make my gadgets work. just not sure if its worth getting the main dealer to do it and pay a bit extra?

I don't see what else you could let the dealer do in addition to charge extra. The cradle installation is straightforward and if you end up to the BT device, that too is simple enough when following the manual. I would select the lowest cost option of the two mentioned (I could guess which one it would be).

yes think i will get the bluetooth one from www.comandonline.co.uk

just dont want to have to fit the ipod connector myself as i see the eclass require cabling to the rear of the car as well as removing the comand system.......dont want to damage it!!

cheers

Welcome to the forum and a nice choice of car, dealing with alfie on the phone part is a wise and cheaper option than MB, and not so far from you I hope.

thanks how do i contact alfie?

thanks how do i contact alfie?
A clue is in the name

Just type Alfie in the search engine

Regards
John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom