Help! Had AMG windscreen replacement, is this genuine OEM or aftermarket

• Thread starter Deleted upon users own request member 138506
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'm sure we can suffer together ;)

That, is good. Very good. :cool:

Its not the first time here that ive been dismissed like this.
Post #1- last paragraph.
"Well, I can deal with bullies on forums, trolls and the like a lot easier if I didn't have to worry about the forum administrators protecting them! That's the real issue here. I get tired of myself and others being dismissed as oversensitive or censored when we fight back against these bullies. So much for free speech!"
1 Corinthians 13:4-7

As you are a new boy should I assume that, when you have quoted the forum rules, you have read and understood the one around posting religious matter?

As you are a new boy should I assume that, when you have quoted the forum rules, you have read and understood the one around posting religious matter?
OMG, Amen to that rule. "The Golden Rule". No offence intended.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's genuine. An aftermarket screen won't have the star logo. The various inscriptions are not on all vehicles, and some are in fact a sticker.
True my A45 when new didn’t have the signature but my Glc did 🤔

Am I the only one on here to notice that some Newbies tend to add their Posts on here, then all "Hell" Breaks out in the ensuing comments and answers, its at least two in the last fortnight! :rolleyes:

Maybe Lockdown Fever is the Cause, no Pun intended!:rolleyes::dk:
I'd say a certain defensive member here would be better off on a narrowboat owners forum, the banter is dreadful there 😉

When I had my windscreen replaced on my 211 E55, I asked the Autoglass fitter about whether it would be an OEM screen or not.

He just said cars older than 3 years wouldn't get an OEM Mercedes screen and it was just what they fitted for this car where the spec was matching (i.e. it had the rain sensor). :dk:

To be fair, the one that was fitted was fine and I had no issues with the rain sensor in that car.
I'm panicking now because I have this sacred Benz signature on my screen. Guess I'd better keep greater distance from the motor in front 😳

I'd say a certain defensive member here would be better off on a narrowboat owners forum, the banter is dreadful there 😉
If I think this member is who you think he is, and he shall remain anonymous just in case he becomes defensive; then I am sure this member likes the friendly banter here. Yes, I don’t think the banter on the narrow boat forum would make him feel good.

I'm panicking now because I have this sacred Benz signature on my screen. Guess I'd better keep greater distance from the motor in front 😳
Yup.... the replacement screen might have (Gott im Himmel!) the Daimler signature....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom