Help! Had AMG windscreen replacement, is this genuine OEM or aftermarket

• Thread starter Deleted upon users own request member 138506
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hope you like the tune chum.
It's not too bad considering some the strings are missing and some of the keys are a bit wonky.

Reactions: 219
I feel I maybe losing my marbles as I have no idea what this thread is about anymore :dk:o_O

I feel I maybe losing my marbles as I have no idea what this thread is about anymore :dk:o_O
You have not lost your marbles. This thread is a lot like this week's caption contest....

We already have a similar thread running here.........

We already have a similar thread running here.........

Having multiple threads on the same topic is frowned upon.
May I suggest that we continue responding here:

Yes, after #83 I responded there.

Maybe you should be a little less sensitive.
Its not the first time here that ive been dismissed like this.
Post #1- last paragraph.
"Well, I can deal with bullies on forums, trolls and the like a lot easier if I didn't have to worry about the forum administrators protecting them! That's the real issue here. I get tired of myself and others being dismissed as oversensitive or censored when we fight back against these bullies. So much for free speech!"

"Well, I can deal with bullies on forums, trolls and the like a lot easier if I didn't have to worry about the forum administrators protecting them! That's the real issue here.

It's not, sunshine; you are.

It's not, sunshine; you are.
Another tiresome bully...yawn. Go somewhere else if you've got nothing to say on the OP.

As for me ive been dealing with a dying family pet of nine years whos just had another heart attack. The poor dog might not make it through the night. I've got better more important things to do than responding to your useless posts. Goodbye.

Another tiresome bully...yawn. Go somewhere else if you've got nothing to say on the OP.

As for me ive been dealing with a dying family pet of nine years whos just had another heart attack. The poor dog might not make it through the night. I've got better more important things to do than responding to your useless posts. Goodbye.
Sorry to hear about your dog. I’ll be thinking of you and your family.

Please explain the humour.
I brushed aside your first "dig" at me. What is humourous about "trade jibes with like minded cohorts"
Then you suggest i am "janitor of the AMG lounge". Where is the good humour in that?
If you don’t see it I can’t explain it . Are you German ?

Well, I viewed the thread to see if I could help.

Our car (a fake AMG by your reckoning and FWIW not considered to be an AMG by me either) had a 'signature' windscreen from the factory. After a stone hit and subsequent crack, it was replaced at my request with an OEM 'signature' screen by Autoglass. Like you, I wanted to keep the car original if possible.

As it happens, I don't know whether the screen you now have is an OE part or not. Clearly it's not a signature screen. I can however say with some authority that these signature screens are not exclusive to 'real' AMGs anyway.

It does sound like the fitment of your new screen has not been done properly and professionally. I would be royally p!ssed off if that were my car. I hope you get the problem resolved to your satisfaction.

Know this: this is one if the very best forum communities on the web. The folk here are knowledgeable and helpful. There is also a pervasive dry humour and no doubt a few d!ckheads. Though I may fail, I try to avoid being one of the latter whilst applying the former.

YMMV of course.
The signature thing isn’t new : my dad’s W110 Fintail had one when he bought it in 1964 , and it was a sticker since you could see the edges if you looked really closely .

I’ve seen a few other Finfails with them , although my W111 never had one , but it may have had the screen replaced at some point .

So it has been around for a while.

It’s a shame as the perception I had about people who could afford REAL AMG’s (and an SL at that) were clearly educated enough to be in the position to afford such heights on a non-existent social ladder and be well spoken, but this thread gives me the impression it was purchased with a lottery win.

My eyes hurt, that was painful
To me , the letters SL on my boot lid mean a lot more than AMG ever would .

I’ve only owned one SL , although I used to drive my mother’s one regularly when she had it .

Also sorry to hear about your dog . Poor thing .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom