Help! Had AMG windscreen replacement, is this genuine OEM or aftermarket

• Thread starter Deleted upon users own request member 138506
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
If only you meant that...
1 Corinthians 13:4-7

To me , the letters SL on my boot lid mean a lot more than AMG ever would .
I agree. I've done the factory tour and had a good day out but the "one man, one engine" thing was a joke.

If you don’t see it I can’t explain it . Are you German ?
I'm not. Im looking really hard. I'd like to see something and have a laugh with everyone else. Sometimes I need a little help - maybe others can explain.

I agree. I've done the factory tour and had a good day out but the "one man, one engine" thing was a joke.
As you say it’s a good day out. My wife and kids weren’t interested until the fit there and then they absolutely loved it. Did they not take you on the line and introduce you to your engine builder?

It’a not an old guy in a shed with a spanner, instead it’s a young guy or girl with a selection of sophisticated computer controlled tools, eg a rig which automatically tightens all head bolts to the required torque simultaneously.

Even with 20,000 units per year - probably more now - it’s probably the most cost effective way of building so few engines, and it gives a nice angle for marketing. Meeting your engine builder is a nice touch too.

I do think AMG do a good job of making their customers fee special, the tour, meeting the engine builder, an excellent lunch, free (good quality) branded AMG clothing, calendars, and other stuff through the post, etc.

As you say it’s a good day out. My wife and kids weren’t interested until the fit there and then they absolutely loved it. Did they not take you on the line and introduce you to your engine builder?

It’a not an old guy in a shed with a spanner, instead it’s a young guy or girl with a selection of sophisticated computer controlled tools, eg a rig which automatically tightens all head bolts to the required torque simultaneously.

Even with 20,000 units per year - probably more now - it’s probably the most cost effective way of building so few engines, and it gives a nice angle for marketing. Meeting your engine builder is a nice touch too.

I do think AMG do a good job of making their customers fee special, the tour, meeting the engine builder, an excellent lunch, free (good quality) branded AMG clothing, calendars, and other stuff through the post, etc.
Yes, went on the line and recieved that special feeling. Tried to locate engine builder but found that he had since moved to pastures new. We had a great day then went on in the afternoon and visited both Mercedes and Porche museums in Stuttgart. The following morning we drove back and spent the day at nordschleife. All in all a brilliant time.

Yes, went on the line and recieved that special feeling. Tried to locate engine builder but found that he had since moved to pastures new. We had a great day then went on in the afternoon and visited both Mercedes and Porche museums in Stuttgart. The following morning we drove back and spent the day at nordschleife. All in all a brilliant time.
That sounds like a great couple of days. I will add it to my list of places to go.

Reactions: 219
To me , the letters SL on my boot lid mean a lot more than AMG ever would .

Just a follow up for anyone who's slightly interested in the story....Iv'e had many cars in my lifetime none of them anything special just the normal run of the mill vauxhall, peugeot, ford etc just used from getting from A-B. Although I did have a 1969 MG midget that I rebuilt when I was 19 but other than that no interest in cars until recently. It happened when a friend of mine turned up in a SLK 55 that he had just got, and i thought WOW that is a beauty. He could see my excitement and suggested we go to the dealership the following day to see what else they had in stock. I saw the SL63 in the forecourt and fell in love with it. I had no idea what an AMG was or even what a 5.5 BiTurbo meant in terms of power. I took it for a test drive and that was that - a bit of an impulse purchase. Im normally really tight with budgets but having worked my lifetime scrimping and saving, working all hours under the sun, providing for my family and building up my business I thought maybe the time was right for a change. After all whats the point of life if its all work no play. I am sure everyone else is no different. The excitement i get from driving the car always brings a smile to my face and my enthusiasm for the brand remains the same. Whether its an AMG or not I don't care. I have since test driven Ferrari and Porche and looked at many other cars and models but for me the SL is perfect.

For me any car I own has to be capable of being used daily, parked in a public car park and not be a thief magnet. That excludes Ferrari, Lamborghini and a load of other exotica that are basically garage to garage cars. The SL fits very nicely into my criteria, beautiful looks, decent performance, relatively unusual (I dont see many like mine) and affordable.

This one must be an AMG

Or is it OMG - the two are only a short step apart .

Yes, very good. The nub of it is, I think, that you're saying we should suffer you gladly?
Without getting too deep, this is similar to my interpetation. I'm sure we can suffer together ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom