Help! How to remove w203 exterior b pillar trim

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

c180081c

Car
C250 AMG Sport Coupe
Hi Guys,

My exterior b pillar trim between the windows is corroding from the top and rusting, how do i remove just the trim? I have seen the stick on kits but would rather remove and clean them up before applying something over the top. Any help appreciated as searching for 2 nights isn't bringing any concrete advise, I don't want to break them as they seem difficult to find without buying a door!

You need to remove the horizontal trim from under the window first. That part lifts out of some clips vertically, iirc. The trim you want to replace is held on with double sided tape, but can be hard to shift. New ones aren't very expensive from MB.

You need to remove the horizontal trim from under the window first. That part lifts out of some clips vertically, iirc. The trim you want to replace is held on with double sided tape, but can be hard to shift. New ones aren't very expensive from MB.

so just a case of prying the bottom strip up gently then? I've bought a set of plastic pry bars for the job but was stumped when nothing moved and no screws in sight. cheers

It could slide off horizontally, it's been a while. Metal spring clips are rivetted to the door, and the aluminium extrusion pushes on to them. The more I think about it I'm sure its vertical. Plastic tools are the way to go. Start at the back end.

It could slide off horizontally, it's been a while. Metal spring clips are rivetted to the door, and the aluminium extrusion pushes on to them. The more I think about it I'm sure its vertical. Plastic tools are the way to go. Start at the back end.

excellent ill give it a go tomorrow, its been doing my head in! thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom