Help identify connector in W205 A-Pillar

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

EddieF

Car
2015 W205 C220 Sport
I had the screen replaced on my C220 estate. I noticed a rattle from behind the A-Pillar airbag cover. When I removed it I found this connector hanging loose. There’s no obvious place it connects to and everything is working as it should - rain sensor, radio etc. There’s no warning light for airbag. Any ideas?
I’m hoping it’s a redundant wire from an optional feature the car doesn’t have - like heated screen.
I will contact windscreen company tomorrow but don’t want to be fobbed off!
91D7FEB5-6FD9-41F3-BD0F-EE8806CE4980.jpeg

Hi! I just had the same problem. My w205 is left drive seat and i have heated windshield. I found exactly what you show there. I remove the other side pillar cover and a plug just like that one is attached to something like an airbag sensor. No warning lights here to. Did you figure it out yet? Is it normal? I just changed the front windshield to few months ago. Best regards!

Its for an antenna amplifier that would be screwed onto the A-pillar just there. But the options on your car mean it doesn't need it. (Its a TV antenna amplifier)

What danielCSR sees on the other side is probably one of the DAB antenna amplifier.

That should have been taped to the A-pillar to prevent rattling.

Cheers
Richard

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom