Help identifying connection type please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bladgb

Car
Viano 3.0 CDI Ambiente Extra Long
I have just upgraded my Comand to the ntg 2.5 unit which Comandonline have coded for my reverse camera. I know this connects to the green fakra on the 2.5. I have a wireless reversing camera I installed a few months back which I bought from TrailerVision. At that time I wasn't sure I was going to get a 2.5 Comand unit and found the prospect of running a cable the full length of the Viano with all it's airbags, sunroofs etc a daunting prospect. This wireless system is pretty good, it's a digital wireless type so no interference and it's worked well for me. The receiver unit sits on the dash and has an AV output. When I bought the system I was careful to get one with this output in case I got a new Comand. The receiver also has the option to select the TV output as either NTSC or PAL. So, as I say I fitted the Comand 2.5 today and am very pleased with it. My next job was to get a cable to connect the TrailerVision receiver to Comand and the spec sheet from TrailerVision states that the video output is RCA male. I looked at the receiver today as I needed to hardware it's 5v supply which I did using a dedicated adaptor hooked up to the glovebox lamp (ignition live), and realised that the output socket didn't look like an RCA - I tried to plug in a standard "yellow" video lead into it and the units screen blanked as if it recognised something was connected but it felt very loose. Can you tell what this socket type is from my picture..? Thanks

Attachments

• image-2053114254.jpg
    image-2053114254.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
Sorted - it's a 3.5mm jack 4 pole that provides audio as well video output. Got a cable from Maplin, now to find the fakra from ebay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom