Help Identifying part needed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RudeSkaBoyUK

Car
Mercedes B class eco sport 64
Good evening all,

I own a B class 180 b CDI 2014

I hope someone here can help me with this.
My wife came back from work with car saying its making a funny noise. I took it for a quick drive and it sounded like a leaking or cracked exhaust manifold. I opened bonnet and took of plastic engine cover to see if I could find the noise. I immediately noticed just to side of turbo on exhaust system a threaded hole.
It looks to me like some kind of sensor or just a metal threaded plug has unscrewed itself and is now missing. I presume its probably just a plug because a sensor would have wiring attached which would then still be able to be found and screwed back in.
Is this a common fault and how easy is it to get the part?

That looks like the blank or O2 sensor on the cat, some have blanks in them.

If it's a blank it could be part number such as A6079900017 but best check with VIN and parts department.

If it is just the screw then you may just find it has fallen down into the engine under tray.

It was a blank like the photo above. Managed to order one up to a local Mercedes dealer and I fitted it today.
Strange how the old one had come loose.
Will check the tightness of this every few weeks .

Attachments

• 20200416_133023.jpg
    20200416_133023.jpg
    566.5 KB · Views: 2
It was a blank like the photo above. Managed to order one up to a local Mercedes dealer and I fitted it today.
Strange how the old one had come loose.
Will check the tightness of this every few weeks .

That's good, easy enough fix.

How did you manage to get from Edinburgh (Newbridge ?) thought the parts department was closed?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom