Help identifying real vs fake Brabus Monoblock Q's

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Zinc

Car
CLS 350 CGI '07
Hi All,

New to the forum and first post, so thanks for having me and in advance for any help you can all offer.

I've just won a bid on ebay for a set of 'genuine' Brabus Monoblock Q's which I'm very excited about. I'm planning on picking them up later this week.

Plastered all over the ad is that they're genuine but no matter how much googling I do, I can't find a definitive way of confirming this before handing over any money. I'm also unable to substantiate the claim that Ronal made alloys on behalf of Brabus, Google failed me again (or I failed it). Is anybody able to help?

Pictures attached of the inside and outside of the wheels as well as a link to the listing below:

MERCEDES 18" GENUINE BRABUS STAGGERED ALLOY WHEELS & NEARLY NEW TYRES | eBay

s-l1600 (9).jpg s-l1600 (10).jpg s-l1600 (11).jpg s-l1600 (12).jpg s-l1600.jpg s-l1600 (1).jpg

These rims looks to be worn for it's age, scuffed and banged up?! :eek:
Ask seller if he has the original purchase receipt?

On the front fascia real Brabus rims are stamped with the BRABUS name not the (B) near the spokes.
On the backside spokes there should be a Ronal stamp in the alloy casting, not an adhesive sticker.
Compare rims on german ebay.

Good luck

Sorry, but I don’t believe they’re authentic. As suggested, RONAL would be cast (not a sticker), the part number would also be cast on the back face of one of the spokes, and the logo on the front face of the wheel doesn’t look right. I’d be asking for my money back.

Apart from all the other things that have been pointed out, one thing would bother me about these.
All the genuine Brabus wheels images that I have seen on the internet have one thing in common.
They all have Made In Germany cast on one of the spokes.
Whereas these dont.

All,

Thank you so much for your replies! All have confirmed my suspicions and I've also had an independent email from BRABUS confirming that they are "an absolute total fake".

To top it off, when asking for further pictures I received this reply from the seller:

"Too many questions about 2nd hand wheels.. I've better things to be doing than keep replying. They are genuine brabus diamond cut face highly polished wheels with graphite dark grey inserts of the era they were made 20+ years ago. New Brabus wheels might have a Ronal stamp and different part numbers, these have other stamps and transfer sticker under the lacquer, hence still in place. I'd prefer you cancel the order as time is money to me. I've already sent you clear pics of stamped part no's on both the front & rear wheels. I'll just relist them or get them refurbed at some point, use the brand new & all good tyres myself on various Mercedes cars I own and relist just the wheels for £2k+."

Luckily it was collection only so no money had changed hands. They've since been relisted (MERCEDES 18" GENUINE BRABUS STAGGERED ALLOY WHEELS & NEARLY NEW TYRES | eBay) once again as genuine, so one to watch out for.

Thanks again everyone, really useful responses and have saved my family from being driven around on potentially dangerous wheels!

Cheers,
Rich

"Ebay messer"...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom