Help in finding a hdmi 2 way spitter.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 113659

Coming towards the final stages of the re-vamp of our daughters bedroom.

I'm considering buying a 'magic eye' to link her TV into the Sky HD+ box. As the magic eye works through co-axle cable I'm guessing the picture on her TV will not be in HD?

So I'm thinking I should link her TV through a hdmi cable. The thing is, I'd need a splitter in the back of the Sky box to feed the two TV's.

All the splitters I've found on flea bay state that only one TV can be used at any time (switchable) if I've read it right anyhow.

So, my question is does anyone know of a 2 way hdmi splitter (1 input & 2 outputs) where the 2 TV's can be on at the same time? Albeit the same channel.

Many thanks for any help.

Ant. :thumb:

Last edited by a moderator:
We use a Konig KN-HDMISPL30 which is an 8 port splitter.
Has worked faultlessly for nearly 4 years now. We run HDMI from the Sky box then HDMI cables from the splitter to 5 locations together with the coax for magic eyes.

We have had issues with the cleverness of some TV's being turned on automatically via HDMI when another TV is switched though

Konig do a 2 way splitter - I found one here but there may be cheaper options

Mine came with a 2 pin euro power plug so had to buy an adaptor to 3 pin UK

Last edited:
Used Blue Rigger HDMI cables of various lengths (5m to 25 or 30m IIRC)
When you go over a certain length (can't remember what it was) the cables are not "certified". All that turned out to be was that there was no testing standard over a certain length therefore they couldn't be certified. Assured by Blue Rigger that the cables I bought were all the same standard.

For longer runs I use HDMI over CAT5 transmitter/receivers .

Thanks for all the posts guys.

Got me thinking now. Happy enough with the recommended splitters above. What does interest me is Piff saying he used hdmi & magic eye together.

Does this mean my daughter could put her TV on source hdmi 1 (to get the great picture) and control the sky functions with the magic eye?

The run from the Sky box in our bedroom to the TV in our daughters bedroom is 10m

Also curious about the obsession with buying really expensive hdmihdmi leads. How much should I be looking to spend on a 10m lead?

Thanks again.

Got me thinking now. Happy enough with the recommended splitters above. What does interest me is Piff saying he used hdmi & magic eye together.

Does this mean my daughter could put her TV on source hdmi 1 (to get the great picture) and control the sky functions with the magic eye?

The run from the Sky box in our bedroom to the TV in our daughters bedroom is 10m

Also curious about the obsession with buying really expensive hdmihdmi leads. How much should I be looking to spend on a 10m lead?

Thanks again.

I have a HDMI splitter on my lounge tv and conservatory tv. Not sure of make but it came from Amazon. Let's me watch both at same time. I change sky channel in conservatory by using sky remote app on my phone. Let's you scroll through recorded programmes, pause , rewind etc.
Does lose signal every now and again but it's not to bad.

Thanks again.

We have our sky box in a central cupboard in the house. Also in cupboard is a TV amp/distributor with 2x coax to each room, HDMI splitter with one HDMI cable to each room (incl main TV in lounge), Cat 5e patch panel with 2x Cat 5e cable to each room except lounge & study which have 4x Cat 5e cables & broadband router. Installer also suggested putting a DVD player in the cupboard also but we didn't. Cat 5e allows smart TV's to use "on demand" services more reliably than wireless.

Each TV (got it wrong yesterday, there are 6 incl lounge) has a magic eye on the coax cable to control the sky box and the picture feed goes via HDMI cable. So, like you said, set TV to HDMI source & control sky box via magic eye.

edit - to me a cable can either carry a signal or it can't. There seems to be a lot of bullsh1t about oxygen free cables/gold plated connectors/etc. I chose mine wanting all cables from one manufacturer who could supply the lengths I needed at the lowest cost. At that time Blue Rigger via Amazon IIRC ticked the boxes

Last edited:
Ok guys. Room totally finished and set up.

Slight problem. Our Daughters TV is connected to the Sky box in our bedroom. (HDMI leed and spiller as above)

When we go to bed and power up the sky box and TV, our daughters Samsung TV switches on! I've searched through TV settings to try and turn this function off but a can't find anything.

Any ideas?

Ant.

Each TV has a magic eye on the coax cable to control the sky box and the picture feed goes via HDMI cable. So, like you said, set TV to HDMI source & control sky box via magic eye.

Thanks for that Piff. This is what I've done too. The magic eye is purely used to control Sky functions and the picture is fed with HDMI cable and therefor HD pic quality. :bannana:

It's taken me 2 months to do daughters bedroom but the look on her face when she slept in it for the first time last week was priceless. :eek:

Ant.

Ok guys. Room totally finished and set up.

Slight problem. Our Daughters TV is connected to the Sky box in our bedroom. (HDMI leed and spiller as above)

When we go to bed and power up the sky box and TV, our daughters Samsung TV switches on! I've searched through TV settings to try and turn this function off but a can't find anything.

Any ideas?

Ant.

Is to do with clever tv functions - Panasonic call their version "viera link". We had similar problems with a LG and a couple of Toshibas. You need to turn off the Samsung equivalent of viera link.
edit - or the link function on your TV

Last edited:
Is to do with clever tv functions - Panasonic call their version "viera link". We had similar problems with a LG and a couple of Toshibas. You need to turn off the Samsung equivalent of viera link.
edit - or the link function on your TV

I know, but how??? :doh:

I phoned Richer Sounds, they said to contact Samsung but I've given up. :wallbash:

Ant. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom